They met (and didn't fight!!!)

pappy1264
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

They met (and didn't fight!!!)

Postby pappy1264 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Here is a pic from in the tent today. They didn't fight, ignored each other initially, then Luna initiated contact (she basically grabbed him and checked him over from one end to the other....lol) And she let him groom her head for a moment, then they jumped away from each other. He went too close to her pouch (and she told him he wasn't invited....lol) But I THINK it went well and as it is supposed to go. They are both back in their own cages, sleeping. We will do this every day and hopefully have the same result (wondering if she was in heat the last time we tried, hence his crazy screeching and trying to frantically get out of the carrier.) Anyway, here is a pic (this is actually the second 'sniff down' (the first I wanted to make sure my hands were free in case I needed to seperate them! lol) I am so excited!!!
Attachments
Luna and Rocket first meeting.jpg
Luna and Rocket first meeting.jpg (69.42 KiB) Viewed 2277 times
Mary

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: They met (and didn't fight!!!)

Postby Joan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:09 pm

No fighting when I introduced mine either .... because Chuck, the chicken, ran as far away as he could. lol
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 pm

lol.....that is too funny! Tonight, they keep sniffing each other from their cages (I moved their cages closer together). I am optimistic they will eventually be living together (and that makes me so happy!) Thanks!
Mary

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Well, today Rocket was a scaredy cat!! lol He hid whenever he saw her (and was even trying to chew his way out the door!!! lol) At one point, they both ended up in the sleeve of my sweatshirt and then I heard a weird noise (and not wanting them to fight in my sleeve on my bare skin) I put my hand between them and took my sweatshirt off, so they both jumped. I will just keep doing tent time every morning, so it will be part of their daily routine and HOPEFULLY in time, they will get used to each other. When is the time to put them together in the same cage (I know it can take a while, just want to know the 'signs' they are ready to move their relationship to the next level.....lol)

Thanks!
Mary

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:55 pm

If you use out of cage time in the room where their cages are, just leave both cage doors open and see when they settle for the night.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Because of my dogs, I don't do out in the room, its always in a tent (*I couldn't trust my dogs. I don't let my gliders loose in the house, either. Either in the tent or the bathroom.) I think I will keep doing the 'playdates' and in the meantime, start building their new 'dream home'. I am determined to get them together and I think they will be. Luna was the one I was concerned about going into this.....but after seeing her today, I know she wants this! Now, if Rocket will figure out she isn't going to eat him........lol
Mary

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:19 am

THEY ARE TOGETHER!!!!! They went into Luna's pouch in the tent this morning and curled up together after grooming each other! I cleaned out Luna's cage, and put some of his things in there, hung the pouch up and......they are checking everything out and so far, so good! I am so excited!! I have them in my bedroom, so if any problems arise tonight, I am right there (and not going anywhere until later today). Can a flyer have a soulmate???? I believe these two are each others....they both seem really happy! And so am I! I will keep you posted, keep good thoughts. (Camera is charging, will get pics later!) :lover:
Mary

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 am

LOL Wait til she's pregnant and sucker punches her "soul mate" across the room. :twisted:

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 pm

OMG......lol My husband said 'wait, if she had a 'tude' before babies, what the heck are we gonna face w/babies......satan himself???' lol
Mary

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey congrats that's priceless I just hope that I have the same success with the introduction some day that you are :)
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Thank you! They are doing GREAT together, no squabbles, even over food (including Luna's beloved acorns!!! lol) I hope you have the same, as well. . I feel so lucky, and am so happy!!!
Mary

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”