Finally!

Delight
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Finally!

Postby Delight » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:30 pm

My male flying squirrels little "puffs" finally decended! :D
I purchased a nest box for my two squirrely butts about two weeks ago. I changed their bedding and put all new bedding in all their pouches and sleeping areas. They have managed to collect all the bedding and somehow stuff it all into the nest box and (this is the amazing part) manage to fit them selves in there too! I sure would love some pups :lover: and I know there's lot of people in Washington that would really love to have some nice hand raised, spoiled rotten little furballs instead of the pet store flyers, which is all we have available here currently. My male's little puffs came in about a week after I purchased the nest box so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they figure it out. My little female is getting old too, I would love to have at least one baby from her to continue her legacy!
Lets all [-o< to the squirrel fertility gods on this one!!

I never would have imagined these guys would be so difficult to breed for me :doubt: . Breeding gliders was a breeze for me and they always did so well. Maybe my girl is just really picky I don't know. Oh well - I still love them to pieces regardless - they're so CUTE and my little girl is such a sweetie.
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

violetlady
NFSA Member

Re: Finally!

Postby violetlady » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:34 am

Fingers crossed! Good luck!!!
HOF to Ziggy

Delight
Juvie Pup

Postby Delight » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:20 am

Well my little girl has kicked my little boy out of the nest box, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. I did have a question though, if she is preggers should i move her into a seprate cage? The cage I have them in now is large, so they have a lot of room to get away from one another. But I wouldn't want anything to happen to my male or the babies. The dimentions of the cage are (I think) 58in high by 36in wide by 24in deep. The only other cage I have is really huge and difficult to to maintain due to me needing two people to bring it outside for cleaning but, I could move one of the squirrels into it if I had to. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank!
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm

If you have an even larger cage, I'd move both of them into it.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”