breeding and overpopulation

sallphin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

breeding and overpopulation

Postby sallphin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Joan,

My Rainy ended up having 2 pups, they are about 22 days old and adorable. They are moving all over the place and Rainy is letting me look and touch them just fine. She is playing with her mate everynite running around on the big cage and stealing his food-lol. Rainy and the pups are in a small cage with her nesting box, full of warm nesting materials (mostly fleece).

I was wondering if flyers will breed with sisters, offspring, brothers etc..... I just don't want to end up with 100 flyeres- I would have to build a lot of cages- maybe just let them take over a room- jk. But I really don't want to have a ton of flyers- I don't know anyone who wants any and I don't mind having 4-8. My cage is 8 x4x4 and has tons of toys and boxes and fleece pockets. I just don't want things to get out of hand. Any thoughts or information about this?

Thanks!

Stacie

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: breeding and overpopulation

Postby Joan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 am

sallphin wrote:... I was wondering if flyers will breed with sisters, offspring, brothers etc.....

Sure they will given no other choice. Two cages will do ... one for boys and one for girls and seperate out of cage time. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”