Pecan Thief

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
dragnflyla
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Pecan Thief

Postby dragnflyla » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

This is the cutest little story...every evening when I feed my flyer he hangs out on my shoulder patiently awaiting his gourmet meal! I limit his pecans in his diet and save them for special occasions or at least once a week (if I give him pecans regularly, he will not eat the other stuff I offer). They are his absolute favorite! If I do give him a pecan, it's a whole pecan still in the shell...therefore making him work for his treat! This particular evening he had not had a pecan all week. I went to the cabinet and pulled out the Whole Foods container full of pecan halves. Placed the container on my island...the pecans got his attention (he recognized the container)....he ran down my arm, pried open the container (that was NOT open), jumped in & grabbed himself a pecan and quickly ran back up my arm and onto my shoulder and started eating the pecan! All of this happened in a matter of seconds and was over before I could do anything! He's a pecan thief! Absolutely Love him....a treat to have such a precious animal!

violetlady
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Pecan Thief

Postby violetlady » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:12 am

Cute cute story, thanks for sharing it! =D>
HOF to Ziggy

Return to “Squirrel Tales”