The Not So Quiet Wodent Wheel...

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
newsquirrelmom
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

The Not So Quiet Wodent Wheel...

Postby newsquirrelmom » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm

I wanted to get Nugget (as I have finally decided to name him, 2 months later) a wheel to run in. With lots of research and recommendations I decided on the Wodent Wheel - its quiet, ASPCA approved, and quiet.

When the wheel arrived in the mail, I set it up on top of his cage, tying it down. Nugget jumped in and out of the holes, exploring every inch of the new toy in his cage. Glyn and I enjoyed watching him discover that the wheel moved when he ran inside of it. He'd run then poke his head out to see what's going on, then run some more.

Glyn was afraid that the wheel would be like the back-in-the-day-metal-squeekie wheels. But he was amazed when he didn't hear a sound from the wheel. That is until the next night....

Rattling noises. And the more Nugget ran, the louder it got. What in the world was it? We watched Nugget for a while.
When he wanted some seeds, he ran up to the wheel to eat them, or store them. It was the seeds bouncing around in the wheel with him.

While on one hand I see the seriousness of "what if he gets hurt", but on the other hand I had to laugh.

So much for the great search for the quiet wheel!
Attachments
wodentwheel.JPG
wodentwheel.JPG (49.33 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

Joan
Site Admin

Re: The Not So Quiet Wodent Wheel...

Postby Joan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:05 am

newsquirrelmom wrote:... When he wanted some seeds, he ran up to the wheel to eat them, or store them. It was the seeds bouncing around in the wheel with him.

Wait'll he runs with a pecan loose in the wheel. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

really joan!! rocky does that all the time...at first i worried it would hit him in the head and knock him out..but, what ya gonna do they have a mind of their own and if he wants to run with a pecan loose in there then he will lol :twisted:

newsquirrelmom
Baby Flyer

Postby newsquirrelmom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm

lucy10177 wrote:...at first i worried it would hit him in the head and knock him out..

I had the same fear. But somehow he dodges everything. :smt043

Over time, Nugget has started figuring out how to stop the wheel when he's done spinning. He's a smart little guy.

pnerissa
NFSA Member

Postby pnerissa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Benji's dragged a walnut into her Stealth Wheel before.

Return to “Squirrel Tales”