Well trained HOF wising up!

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
violetlady
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Well trained HOF wising up!

Postby violetlady » Sun May 02, 2010 10:45 am

We adopted Ziggy last fall as a baby rescue. He is our 1st SFS, so we were easily trained. :wink: Most evenings he is allowed out of his cage to socialize & explore under close supervision. We are careful to utilize routine safety precautions like toilet lids closed, vases inverted, & being aware of where he is at all times. For the past few months, the later has become veeeeery tiring for his senior care-givers! :roll: Last week Judy (the friend who rescued the litter) & I were talking about our nightly adventures of following him around the house. Its very much like keeping up with an active toddler! Judy suggested that I may want to try not following him for 5 or 10 minutes & just see if he likes being in another room alone, so last night I nervously put him to the test. I even set a timer for 10 minutes so I wouldn't sit there & stare at the clock. :) In just over 8 minutes he was back in the den with us. :rofl:
HOF to Ziggy

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Well trained HOF wising up!

Postby Joan » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 am

You are so right ... they go thru a toddler stage where they want to venture off, but come right back when they realize squammy isn't there, LOL :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Squirrel Tales”