Bonding....

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
natecarey
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Bonding....

Postby natecarey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:30 am

Aside from our shared love of nature my parents and I have never been very close in my adult life. My step dad and I try to take a backpacking trip together once a year and I sometimes have dinner with them when I come to pick up my son when they watch him but aside from that we share very little interest. Over the years we have grown distant. I am an animal lover and have always been fascinated by unusual wild animals and pets. My son shares my enthusiasm and to compound this he is allergic to both cats and dogs. Now my parents have always been a bit condescending when it came to my strange tastes in pets. Rats and giant rabbits just weren’t up there ally. I was first introduced the the NFSA when I had a question about best dealing with wild pups. I’m an Arborist and from time to time a tree comes down with the young ones still in it…. As many of you suspected not long after I registered I was owned by a Flyer. Then two more (it’s a long story there, but none of them came from the wild.) Well mom and dad REALLY thought that was weird. Quite recently we were surprised by two young ones (yet another long story….) and I had them in a pouch when I came over to pick my son. Mom and dad fell in love. They each have there favorite - mom likes the girl, and dad likes the boy – and since then they have been very involved with helping to raise these incredible little animals. I know they would take one in if there living situation would allow it. I have not spent this much time with my mom and dad in over ten years. It has been amazing! Sometimes bonding has as much to do with each other as it does with the squirrels. :wink:

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Bonding....

Postby Joan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Another win for flyers!! So glad it's worked out this way for you. :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Squirrel Tales”