A Christmas Tail

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
Laurak
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

A Christmas Tail

Postby Laurak » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 am

Here is a cute seasonal story from this year's Christmas season! My fiance and I normally use a small plastic tree, since we live in an apartment, rather than getting a live tree for Christmas. With the arrival of our little squirrel Momo, we thought that this year we would get a real tree. "She's going to go crazy!" we said, "she'll be so sad when we take it down! She's so nutsy... can you imagine how she'll flip out over a real tree?" So, halfway out of love for our new baby, we went out and brought home a live tree.

After the hours of hauling, vacuuming up needles, and setting up the tree in the stand, we finally let Momo out of her cage, and walked her up to the tree. We were so excited to see what she'd do! So, of course, she just sat in our hands and didn't jump on the tree at all. :roll: She sniffed at the edge of a few branches, and ran back up our arms. We even tried putting her on the tree, but she would just sit there and shake, as if to say, "I have no idea what is going on! What is this thing??" Even though the tree is in the squirrel proofed room that she has free rein of every night, she has yet to show any interest whatsoever in it. :puppydogeyes: She sure is a domesticated little princess!

My fiance and I are convinced that we have the least squirrely squirrel in the world. But we love her funny quirks and wouldn't have it any other way!

For visual reference, here is a photo of my fiance trying to get her on the tree. You can see Momo staring right at the camera as if to say, "now what am I supposed to do now??" Hilarious!
Attachments
DSCF5176.JPG
DSCF5176.JPG (3.97 MiB) Viewed 929 times

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: A Christmas Tail

Postby Joan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:04 am

LOL My Chuck did the same thing. Scared to death of a tree. Jumping from chair to blind to book shelve was fine, but not that tree. Don't think Southerns like conifers much anyway ... that's more a Northern flyer's tree home. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Squirrel Tales”