The blind one flys again!!!

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

The blind one flys again!!!

Postby Nativeprincess » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 am

As I've mentioned before, Mica (aka Psycho-Squirrel: destroyer of hands and bringer of infinite pain) is a squirrel we've adopted who developed cataracts a while ago. She was fairly cage bound for the 2 yrs before we got her and when we got her I didn't know how she'd adapt to out of the cage time being blind and all.
Well, let me tell you, this little girl isn't letting *anything* stop her. She navigates by making these large hops until she either lands on something, or bumps into it- whereupon she then tries to climb it.
I figured there was no way she'd ever fly again, she can't see where shes landing! Well, goes to show what I know! After getting progressively more adventurous, shes now climbing to the top of our book cases and gliding down for the sheer joy of doing it! Over and over and over!!! :multi:

Of course....now I have to worry about hiding my hands from attacks coming from new places. :evilbat:

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: The blind one flys again!!!

Postby Joan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 am

Sound this little girl is "Free at last!" and mighty happy about it. :multi:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Laurak
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: The blind one flys again!!!

Postby Laurak » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 am

Yay! That is wonderful! What a testament to the flyer spirit! =D>

Return to “Squirrel Tales”