Ya'ya Turns 1 !!

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Ya'ya Turns 1 !!

Postby Nativeprincess » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:04 pm

We had a Birthday part for Ya'ya not too long ago. Quite possibly the cutest thing ever. I made a "cake" out of sliced apple, and decorated it with Pomegranate seeds and a pecan "candle". I'd post pictures, but I can't figure out how (we need a Facebook page for easier picture sharing)

We decorated the downstairs with all of her toys and some new ones, invited our friends over, and provided her with a pile of nuts. The show was *great*!

At one point she got tired of running up and down the stairs to hide the nuts all over the place, and began gliding all the way down only to bank at the last min and land delicately in the living room. We hung a huge wall tapestry and this has turned into Squirrel Disney land. We now play "tag" with her by having her chase us across the room on the tapestry.

I look back on this year with her, and goodness, I love her so much. First off, she is basically potty trained, which seriously helps in the management of a squirrel/people habitat. She always comes when she's called, and honestly loves being in her cage (which is kinda weird) so I never have a problem putting her back when it's bed time. She is also *super* cuddly. She actively want to be scratched and if she hears us come into the room during the day, she will stick her head out hoping to be scratched on the chin. If for any reason we should stop scratching her, a gentle finger nibble get it going again. It's hilarious at night when I'm studying and suddenly find a squirrel nudging her way under my hand for the requite attention.

All in all, my squirrel just so....polite. I've never even gotten so much as a nip from her! And her cuddle habits are more of a cat than a squirrel. Oh, and to make things better, My boyfriend and I seriously can't tell which of us she is bonded closer too. During evening "under the covers time" her preferred place is *between* us is possible.

This has been an excellent year, and I am just as excited to have her a part of my life now as when I first brought her home.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Ya'ya Turns 1 !!

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am

Happy Birthday Ya'ya! :occasion1: :occasion6:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 am

Nativeprincess wrote:... I'd post pictures, but I can't figure out how (we need a Facebook page for easier picture sharing)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7666
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 am

Aw that is so sweet! What a cutie pie :) I'm sure she loved the 'cake!' You sound like you are great squarents!

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Nativeprincess » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Ah ha! There's that button. I now present unto you all, Ya'ya B-day pics.
Attachments
ya'yacake.jpg
ya'yacake.jpg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 1402 times
Ya'ya hat.jpg
Ya'ya hat.jpg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 1402 times

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Aww that is adorable!!