"Checklist" for Your New Pup
1. Babies not weaned still need Esbilac, but won't need a huge cage yet
Fresh veggies and fruits, unsalted raw nuts (in and out of shells), unsalted raw seeds, YOGURT, & mealworms.
As large as possible, with various choices of sleeping quarters - wooden nestboxes, cloth tote bags, child's overalls or shorts with legs sewn shut, Christmas stocking, ferret hammock, etc - filled with 100% cotton balls - and various toys. Water bottle or shallow water dish. Shallow food dish. Hardwood branches and various shelves.
Sky's the limit here! Some things I have ... small cage ladders, various ropes, perches, bird cage toys made of wood and rope, hollowed out coconuts, stuffed hanging monkey to climb on, hanging gazebo-type house.
5. A WHEEL! The very best wheels you'll ever have are Stealth Wheels, which may be obtained here: www.sugaraesattic.com Some flyers don't take to wheels, but the ones who do LOVE them and couldn't be without them.
6. Vitamin D3: L&M Animal Farms Liquid Daily Multi-Vitamins
http://4littlepets.com/index.asp?PageAc ... odID=13107
7. Calcium: Repcal, a cuttlebone or calcium-mineral block
For more specifics see: other EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION forum stickies
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9099
- Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:30 pm
- nobotspam: No
- How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4
- Location: Fleming Island, FL
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests