Shut-in baby, should I be concerned?

Keg
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Shut-in baby, should I be concerned?

Postby Keg » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi I just received my pup Leon, and it's currently my second night with him. So far all he's really done is sleep. I tried to play with him a little in my bathroom but he just ended up running off into a corner to sit there. And when he's in his cage he just sleeps - I've never seen him do anything but sleep in his cage. I'm assuming he's still afraid of me, but I don't feel like there's much that I can do to make him feel MORE comfortable around me.

The only times that I can even pick him up are in the morning when he's still groggy, in which case I immediately dump him into my bonding pouch so he can nap more. If it's any other time he'll jump out of my hands and back into his nest, and that's if he hasn't decided to nip me first. It's a miracle when Leon even accepts food from me. I'm afraid he's so stressed out that he's not eating. He is about 5-6 weeks old and only accepts milk 1/5 times when I offer it to him. I leave food for him in his cage and he seems to like grapes, so I take comfort in the fact that he's getting SOME nutrition. Any advice?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Shut-in baby, should I be concerned?

Postby Joan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:34 pm

http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=205

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Raising & Feeding Pups”