Feeding "Wild Foods" once they are ready

amylou
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Feeding "Wild Foods" once they are ready

Postby amylou » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 am

I'm haing a little trouble trying to figure out the wild foods thing. I will be getting a baby boy from Judy C.!!!! :multi: I habe lots of wooded areas around me but lots of the flowers listed like the roses and hibiscus I don't habe (sorry one of my keys isn't working). I'm gonna call around to some of the nurseries today and ask if they spray they're plants for pesticides and go buy a couple of the plants and plant them now is they don't. Anything else I could ask about? Also, when I go clip some branches to put in the cage I noticed you should put them in the freezer to kill off any buggies, how long should you leae them in there for that reason? Thanks you guys!

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Re: Feeding "Wild Foods" once they are ready

Postby flyer_1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Amy, they really like roses If you can get a baby rose bush they will eat the roses and the rose buds, they love acorns walnuts I don't know everything you might have over there If you have a garden they like sugar snap peas and such things as that really they will know what not to eat as long as you make sure there is no cems [-X
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Feeding "Wild Foods" once they are ready

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 pm

I drag in all kinds of stuff from the woods ... mushrooms, licken, flowers. I don't freeze them. Flyers either eat or ignore.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Raising & Feeding Pups”