What's wrong with my Flyer?

FutureSmitty
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

What's wrong with my Flyer?

Postby FutureSmitty » Mon May 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

My Flyer's poops have suddenly changed. Ever since we rescued him from our cat they have been milk chocolate in color and ranged from firm to soft depending on his formula intake. We recently stopped his forumla intake because he wasn't acting interested. I put cheerios, sweet potato, pecans, broccoli and a couple meal worms in his bowl as a treat. I'm not positive what he ate and what he didn't since there was such a variety. Now his poops are dark brown to black in color with an occassional bright red tinge around it. As it dried it looked blacker, but the red stayed bright. What's wrong with my baby? He's continuing to act completely normal - still running and hopping around.

The only other change we made was the addition of a cuttlebone, a mineral and salt lick/chew. None of them were artificially fruit flavored.

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jen

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: What's wrong with my Flyer?

Postby Joan » Tue May 04, 2010 12:37 am

Could be something in the food or he chewed on. To check it for blood, get some occult blood test strips from a drug store.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Raising & Feeding Pups”