My spoiled little Sandy

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My spoiled little Sandy

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 pm

We went on a trip in the car and Sandy was snoozing hard in my shirt. I got this video...just had to share, I knew you guys would appreciate!

http://youtu.be/y8X10xfjY40
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Joan
Site Admin

Re: My spoiled little Sandy

Postby Joan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:09 pm

OMG, that is so cute. That's one relaxed and happy furball. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

CoCoDulse
Juvie Pup

Postby CoCoDulse » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:01 pm

That queue more nice
I am of Spanish translator used

slmero
Juvie Pup

Postby slmero » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Just looking through threads and came across this... OMG!!! I think that may be the sweetest and cutest thing I've ever seen! I hope Bella will someday be that comfortable with me. :D
Momma to 3 babygirls:
Miss Bella Rose (my newest and youngest, flying squirrel)
Miss Gracie Ann (my rebellious middle child, ferret who thinks she's a dog)
Miss Foxy Lady (my first-born, dog)

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks! I think all flyers have different personalities. Sandy was so comfortable with us. Jack will not sit still enough for anyone to touch him (I think he has taken on the personality of my husband!) and Daisy was a little bit in between. She loved to be rubbed, but it had to be on HER terms. :)

slmero
Juvie Pup

Postby slmero » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Skirkpatrick74 wrote:Thanks! I think all flyers have different personalities. Sandy was so comfortable with us. Jack will not sit still enough for anyone to touch him (I think he has taken on the personality of my husband!) and Daisy was a little bit in between. She loved to be rubbed, but it had to be on HER terms. :)
I showed this video to my mom and it made her cry. It is so enchanting to see how loving they can be once they feel safe and comfortable with their humans. Bella is just now starting to show her personality... which is turning out to be hilarious, sweet, mischievous, sometimes shy, stubborn, and loving all rolled into one. And that's just the beginning. I can't wait to see what other traits will emerge as she gets older. We had so much fun during tent time last night and she christened my head by peeing on it. And I didn't even get mad. How can I get mad at this face?
Attachments
20140225_043124820_iOS.jpg
Sitting in her favorite spot where she can look down at her kingdom...
20140225_043124820_iOS.jpg (432.66 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
Momma to 3 babygirls:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:12 pm

slmero wrote: ... she christened my head by peeing on it. And I didn't even get mad. How can I get mad at this face?

She was marking you as HER'S! :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:35 pm

That's so sweet that your mom liked it that much! I miss my little Sandy. Bella will get there...

slmero
Juvie Pup

Postby slmero » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Joan wrote:
slmero wrote: ... she christened my head by peeing on it. And I didn't even get mad. How can I get mad at this face?

She was marking you as HER'S! :twisted:
HAHA!! That's what I thought! And... well... I'm all hers! Forever and ever and an extra day! And even if she never completely bonds with me, I will still love her endlessly and unconditionally until the day she crosses the Rainbow Bridge. :lover:

Skirkpatrick74 wrote:That's so sweet that your mom liked it that much! I miss my little Sandy. Bella will get there...
Yeah, she gets sappy like that. But so do I so I can't fault her for it! :D Since I got Bella, she has really made such a difference in my happiness. Even though she isn't totally bonded yet, she makes me the happiest squammy in the whole world. I literally cannot wait to get home from work to play with her and give her her yogurt treat. She wakes up around 6pm every night because she knows I'll give her a finger full of yogurt mixed with FV formula and papaya. Then she goes back to sleep until around 9-10pm when she comes out and morphs into, as Joan says, a "jack russell on caffeine"! :badgrin:
Momma to 3 babygirls:

johnny
Baby Flyer

Postby johnny » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 pm

the little guy I have and am debating what to do with already sleeps like that, usually down in my shirt, but also in my hands - once he is in a deep sleep, he can be petted and kissed, sleeps in all positions (his back, for example, legs up in the air.) He is young, my guess is 7 weeks, his eyes were open when I found him and he was weak and still nursing. I'm not sure how long he went w/o food, and within 2 days he realized I was his nurturer and protector and accepted me deeply. He was 4-5 weeks old when I found him, I had experience with grey squirrels when I was a teen, and he's been with me two weeks or so.

Return to “Pictures of our Furballs”