Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

FawnLeibowitz
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Postby FawnLeibowitz » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:48 pm

I'd like to adopt a new baby as a playmate for my baby girl. Which sex should I pick and how should I go about looking for a new baby? I'm leery of the internet exotic sites because I'm afraid they're mills. I'm in florida and want to make a good choice. My first was found near death as an infant too small to eat anything but formula, and I nursed her back to health. Now I think she'd like some company. I'd prefer a girl because r.b. is so docile. Any thoughts?

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Well that depends. :scratch:
Last edited by Caylee2111 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Owner of a sweet lil' girl named Sunny.
She bites but nonetheless she is still my Flyer and I would never give her up for anything! :bluedraco: :fly:

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 pm

If you dont mind it being pricey Janda Exotics is great.
As for which sex, from my reasearch, I would say a male, they are probably even less likely to bite. Females, would not be quite as friendy. But do you want babies? Personally I would say, go with a male. But its up to you!
She bites but nonetheless she is still my Flyer and I would never give her up for anything! :bluedraco: :fly:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 am

FawnLeibowitz wrote:I'd like to adopt a new baby as a playmate for my baby girl. Which sex should I pick and how should I go about looking for a new baby? I'm leery of the internet exotic sites because I'm afraid they're mills.

Many are mills. :(

FawnLeibowitz wrote: I'm in florida and want to make a good choice. My first was found near death as an infant too small to eat anything but formula, and I nursed her back to health. Now I think she'd like some company. I'd prefer a girl because r.b. is so docile. Any thoughts?

There are some good hobby breeders in Florida and also mills that export overseas. Where are you located? Why do you think he wants company?
If he gets attention from you? Flyers bond very strongly to humans but there is a chance that a second will bond more to the first if introduced at a later date. An only flyer can be VERY happy.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

Well Janda Exotics is certaintly not a mill. I got Sunny there.

250 per Squirrel.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Caylee2111 wrote:Well Janda Exotics is certaintly not a mill. I got Sunny there.

250 per Squirrel.

Do you know where they get their flyers?
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Well, have you looked at the website yet? They can explain alot better than I can. Incase you are wondering about living conditions, I went there to get Sunny, and they have a HUGE domain for squirrels. And all the other animals too!

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 pm

http://www.jandaexotics.com/flying-squirrels

Try here, or just browse the general.website too look around and see what you can find. Sorry I can't be much of a help.

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Ah yes, they breed a few every year. Its not forced! Dont worry. Ugh. I sound like a living advertisment.

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”