Breeder in Dallas area?

Atticus'Mama
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Breeder in Dallas area?

Postby Atticus'Mama » Mon May 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi!
I've been looking for a reputable breeder in the Dallas area (I'd be willing to drive 5 hours or so to get a baby - I don't want to ship it. :P) Does anyone have any experience with breeders in this area?

Thanks!!

P.S. I'd like the baby later this fall - so no rush! :)
Proud Mama of 5 birds, 3 dogs, 2 bearded dragons, 2 betta fish, 2 guppies, 1 African dwarf frog, 1 snail, 1 cat, 1 Russian tortoise, and 1 (future) flying squirrel :D

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: Breeder in Dallas area?

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:14 am

I got Jack from helenslittlecritters.com You can go pick him/her up. I don't think it's 5 hours to San Antonio from you. Good luck!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Atticus'Mama

Postby Atticus'Mama » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Yes - I had looked at Helen's Little Critters, but after seeing the warning on this forum, I was wary of buying from there. Has there been any problems (health/temperament) with your little guy?

Thanks in advance!
Proud Mama of 5 birds, 3 dogs, 2 bearded dragons, 2 betta fish, 2 guppies, 1 African dwarf frog, 1 snail, 1 cat, 1 Russian tortoise, and 1 (future) flying squirrel :D

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Oh gosh no! Jack is a great little squirrel, and my sister in law got a girl squirrel at the same time, and she is a cool little squirrel! We have had no problems out of either ones!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Atticus'Mama

Postby Atticus'Mama » Sat May 17, 2014 8:02 am

Good to know that there have been no problems! :D This is my second flying squirrel, and it's been a while since Becca (my first) passed away. :( I just want to make sure everything goes perfectly! Thanks for the help, I will definitely contact Helen's Little Critters!

Atticus'Mama

Postby Atticus'Mama » Sun May 18, 2014 8:22 pm

I reread everything on the Helen's Little Critter's warning post, and I really don't want to take any chances and compromise the health of my little guy (or girl :D). I am glad that it worked out well with your little guy, but I would like to hear some other people's experiences, as "the bad outweighs the good" [concerning reviews of HLC]. Also, I'm not sure if me handfeeding the baby is a good idea. Shouldn't it be weaned first? I've had enough two-hour shifts handfeeding eight hungry baby birds. :D Anyone else's thoughts would be welcome!!!

P.S. Sorry if I sound nit-picky and worrisome, and I mean no harm or insult against HLC, but I merely want the best for my little guy, and I apologize in advance for any offense I may inadvertently cause. :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”