Need help determining age

Missy307
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Need help determining age

Postby Missy307 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me figure out the approximate age of my flyer and if his(?) weight seems appropriate for his approx. age to make sure we are feeding correctly. He came to live with us a few days ago---quite unexpectededly, I might add. He was found in a family member's screened in porch in her shoe. She has four cats; two of which like to gift her with live gifts, the other two with dead gifts. She feels that one of her cats left it in her screened in area for her. She is surrounded by woods and had no idea where to begin looking for the nest. So he came to stay with us and we are already quite fond of him.
From what I have read, we should be feeding him 5% of his body weight every 4 hours (excluding nighttime) for a daily total of 25% of his weight. My confusion comes when people mention the amount they are feeding by age. We guessed his age to be about 6 weeks but the amount they are feeding is higher than what I calculated I should be feeding. I want to make sure he is receiving the appropriate amount of food and am hoping someone with more experience than I have can help.
Attachments
20180401_161116.jpg
20180401_161116.jpg (3.92 MiB) Viewed 1212 times

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Need help determining age

Postby Joan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Hard to tell from photos but he looks to have the greasy hair of a 5 week old. Does he try to sit up and groom and sometimes fall over? He's some info on aging: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1966&p=14716&hilit=Aging+Pups#p14716
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Caylee2111
Baby Flyer

Postby Caylee2111 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 pm

You really need to get him seen by a vet if a cat brought him in. :angel13: Hes a cute little guy though. Good luck with him! Oh, yes I agree probably 5 weeks. Keep us updated!
Owner of a sweet lil' girl named Sunny.
She bites but nonetheless she is still my Flyer and I would never give her up for anything! :bluedraco: :fly:

herrybraun

Postby herrybraun » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:07 pm

I also found one last week and also have no idea about age. Your posting really has same information.

Return to “Raising & Feeding Pups”