strawberry leaves? other plant leaves?

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

strawberry leaves? other plant leaves?

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 am

well batman hates just about every vegetable. she only munches on the strangest things. she loves sweet potatoes. she'll eat the tiny sweet peas (but only before they have matured into actual peas and i have to open up the pod for her), and occasionally some green bean insides. other than that, i'm lucky if she nibbles on other vegetables... and i've tried everything.
however, i recently put a whole strawberry in her cage, and she went crazy over the strawberry leaves! so i'm thinking, this summer i'll grow a little batman garden. do you think she can just eat the leaves off of all different plants? what leaves would be safe/unsafe and do they have good nutritional value for her?
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:32 am

Alyssa, you may find that Miss Picky Pants likes most of the green things that you have gone outside to hunt and gather for her. Our masters love it and will reward us when they see we have gone to all sorts of trouble to obtain outdoor goodies for them :roll:
If you want to grow a little flyer garden, grow some of the veggies that you would like her to eat from the grocery store, like english peas, tomatoes, yellow squash, and bell pepper. When the plants are blooming, give her some of the blooms and baby veggies too. They love green tomatoes. I have 9 cabbages growing right now and one of them will never make a head of cabbage because several times a week I pinch the baby leaves out of the middle of it for my little monsters.

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Amanda loves strawberry leaves too so I cut off the tops for her. We also share baked potatoes. She and I eat the skin and Jeff gets the insides. But, she often runs over to get into the buttered pieces on his plate so he has to be quick. The other day she took a bite of grape and dropped the rest into my hand for me!
Amanda and Linda

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:31 pm

what other things from outside are safe to give her? obviously nothing sprayed, but i have woods in my backyard that are untouched by pesiticides... what can i gather for the princess?
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 pm

I get honeysuckle flowers and blackberries that grow in the edge of our woods. We also have hickory trees with the hardest nuts in the woods, and an oak tree, called a white oak that has the hugest acorns you ever saw. As big as a flyer's head! I have to beat the deer to these!
Good hunting!

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:47 pm

Try blackberry and Raspberry. My friend has a bush and she gave me a branch and Isobella absolutely adores it. And I know it's good for her because my friends does not use pesticides
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Return to “Adult FS Diet”