Spiders...?

Keg
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Spiders...?

Postby Keg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 am

Hey, MJ found a very, very tiny spider in the bathroom just now and just gulped it down. It must've been a baby itself because it was barely the size of a spec, but she seemed to enjoy it because she was looking around for more afterwards. Is it okay for her to be eating spiders? I haven't ever heard of anyone ever feeding their squirrels spiders... but I just wanted to check to make sure it isn't harmful to her or anything.

Tigershark08
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Spiders...?

Postby Tigershark08 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 am

I would think it would be fine. Probably the reason you don't see anything about it is because how many people are actually willing to catch a spider to feed their furball.... I just would watch out for spiders and other insects that are dead in your house, since it most likely means a pesticide killed them and you don't want that in MJ's tummy. Of course listen to the experts not me, but that would be my assumption.
Heather Elise

Owned by Mako
Also slave to Kailea and Jackson

Keg
Juvie Pup

Postby Keg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Haha well it hasn't killed her it seems. And yeah the spider was alive. It started crawling up on MJ's foot while we were having a staring contest and she ate it as soon as she noticed it was there. But I just wanted to check with this messageboard to see if anyone has ever had their squirrels eat a spider before.

Chippy
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Chippy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

In the last two days Chipper and Cali have been feasting on grasshoppers, june bugs and dragonflies. They are so happy! We live on 5 acres and do not use pesticides. So, whenever we can during the summer months we go bug hunting. I can't say that I can work with a spider. I like to look at the and that is about it. But, I don't mind the others I mentioned. On occasion I do get a nice huge juicy moth too. When I don't have fresh protein then the kids get mealworms or waxworms, whichever I can get my hands on. Neither one of them seem to even want to look at an earthworm. I don't do crickets because I don't want them loose in the house and singing all night long. I'm happy to say that have developed my own way to catch dragonfiles and the two furballs just absolutely adore them. I bet when the cicades start to come out from the ground they would like those too! :B-fly:
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:33 am

Chippy wrote:..I bet when the cicades start to come out from the ground they would like those too! :B-fly:

You can bet on it!
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Adult FS Diet”