New to the squirrels

BleachMiracle
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

New to the squirrels

Postby BleachMiracle » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:56 pm

Hey guys! As you can see I am new to the site and to SFS. I have a male and female pair that I aquired from a person who bought them then decided to research them and realized they couldn't take care of them. I named them Tiger and Miss Kitty. I am not sure how old they are, but I do believe it is at least less than a year, because they do not appear to be sexually mature.

So basically I want to know anything and everything about bonding with these little guys. First, should I attempt to bond with one at a time, or can we all do it together? Second, bonding bags are popular, so should I be taking them anywhere that I safely can with me? Is it better to put them in your shirt than in a bonding bag?

I have their cage set up correctly I believe. It is a 4ft X 3ft X 3ft with natural branches, 2 hiding nests, their bonding bag, and a soft ferret nest for hiding. I have food cups placed at different levels of the cage, chew sticks, a steralized bone, salt lick + calcium, cuttlebone, and an excersise wheel. Oh yeah, and a shallow dish of water with some vitamins. Just tell me anything else I'm missing or if any of that is wrong.

Last question, I have numerous reptiles and understand the calcium/vitamin d3 issue. Now, I keep reading that SFS have problems with calcium difficiency. Is it ok to use the calcium that I use on my reptiles for them? Or is it nessecarry?

Thanks in advance!

BleachMiracle
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby BleachMiracle » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:19 pm

I'm doing the bathroom time right now with one of them. It's so calm and just hanging out in my shirt. But thank goodness for wireless internet!

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”