so different at day and night... some recommendations?

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

so different at day and night... some recommendations?

Postby voguemamselle619 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:43 am

so during the day batman looves my shirt and won't leave it. he'll even eat seeds in my shirt after he has his formula! but at night, he seems to hide from me :? sometimes when i call him he'll peek out for a second, but he doesn't come running to me to explore... i want to be his toy too! if i take a pecan bit and tell him to come here and hold out my palm, he'll come running, but then hop right off to eat in a corner. i want to interact more with him. he doesn't seem like he's afraid really, since once he's done running around he jumps in my shirt to sleep; he'd just rather hide. any sugestions on how i can get him to play with me?
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed May 24, 2006 2:20 pm

He playing hide and seek. Just wander around like you don't see him, wondering out loud "where is that little squirrel". He'll probably show himself, act surprised. They also like to play tag. Have him chase your fingers and suddenly turn around and have the fingers chase him. I play this on the blinds with Chuck.
Last edited by Joan on Wed May 24, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:27 pm

thanks i thought he was just scared of me for a bit! i guess i have to learn his games... hehe
- alyssa -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Thu May 25, 2006 12:18 am

Hold a tiny piece of pecan in your lips, and tap your chin or lip to get his attention. When he spots it, he will run up and take it. Then, put another tiny piece in your lips again. That's how we got Whiz to "kiss".
peep
State and Federal permit holder

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:52 am

well tonight i tried some other things, and he seemed to like the ideas! i tried playing 'tag' with him with my fingers and he went crazy for that. then i took some mardi gras beads and dangled them around him, and he would not stop attacking them!
and peep, i ate tostitos and lemonade while i was playing with him... i got PLENTY of kisses haha. and um... does anyone else's flyer try to pick their nose?! batman's going overboard with the grooming.
- alyssa -

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Thu May 25, 2006 3:26 pm

LOL! I get groomed plenty too! And with mine, he tends to spends his days in my shirt, too, but at night he doesn't want to be in there. He wants to run around everywhere!
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”