"Best" Age for Bonding & Esbilac?

Furball Genetics
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

"Best" Age for Bonding & Esbilac?

Postby Furball Genetics » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:56 am

One last question before I head out to Judy C's and pick up my little owner.

Judy has given me the choice of getting a baby while he's still on Esbilac. So I have a choice to pick up my baby at 6.5, 7, or 8 weeks old. I've never feed formula before, so not exactly sure what I'm getting into. But if it will make a BIG difference in bonding, I certainly want to give it a try. From what Judy said, I can feed him before work and after work, and of course... no problem at night.

The question... How big of a difference does feeding Esbilac to a baby flyer make in bonding? Do they bond better or doesn't it makes much of a difference as long as you get them by about 8 weeks?

I'm thinking... Maybe getting one at 7 weeks would be a good compromise.

Jay (almost a HOF) :greenjumpers:

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 am

Jay, I think it's more how much you carry and interact with them. You can also feed him from a spoon allowing him to lap at his own rate. That will eliminate any chance of aspiration. I have pulled 3 of Mishi's pups (now 7 weeks old) and one will take Esbilac from a syringe, but the other two won't. I leave a little dish of milk in with them at night and they drink from that, but not much. They are more into solids.
When I got Chuck, he was 6-7 weeks old and didn't wean himself off Esbilac until 10 weeks. They are all different.
Last edited by Joan on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Furball Genetics
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Furball Genetics » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:14 am

Thanks for all your help Joan! I am all set to get my new baby boy from Judy.

Of course, Judy has been a HUGE help and OH SO patient with ALL my questions and basically trying to cover all the bases. You know, all the worries and insecurities of a soon to be virgin HOF. :oops: I'm sure she's had a lot of eye rolling during our conversations... :roll: Thanks for your patience Judy!!! :notworthy:

Jay (a soon to be HOF... trying to chill out) :snowglobe:

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”