Rocky the Flying Squirrel's Burial Shroud

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Rocky the Flying Squirrel's Burial Shroud

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:17 am

Now here's a guy with an irreverent sense of humor :twisted: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:57 am

I created an eBay account for us and placed a bid (I'll pay if we win). We can't let such a precious relic go to just anyone. :twisted:
Last edited by Joan on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

The Boo's Char
Juvie Pup
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby The Boo's Char » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:45 pm

I was going to ask which one of you were going to buy it and then I saw the next reply. That is so funny. I couldn't have thought of that one in my craziest of imaginations!

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:28 pm

I am working with the current owner to assure that the shroud doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Here is my correspondence to him and his answer:

NFSA: Work with us ... we cannot allow this precious relic to fall into the wrong hands. ;-)

The National Flying Squirrel Association
http://www.nfsa.us

84155:Yes, that would really be a shame. That's one reason that I grabbed it before they could process it for DNA testing.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:36 pm

You can contact the seller by clicking on "Ask seller a question" and support the relic ultimately going to the NFSA where it truly belongs. All questions and answers are posted at the bottom under the counter.

The Boo's Char
Juvie Pup

Postby The Boo's Char » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:25 pm

Okay, I thought we were bad with saving the hazelnut shells with the drilled holes, but I think that you guys have us beat! HOFS are by far the craziest, nutiest, and again CRAZIEST people in the world. By the way, he is keeping this shroud under heavy security watch, right!?

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:36 pm

I see it as THE silent auction item at National in TX next year. :cool:

Cathy
Flying Furball

Postby Cathy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:00 pm

ROFLMAO.....tears rolling down my cheeks...my husband came in the room to ask if I was all right. What a scream! Now that fella has a wierd sense of humor. I like it!

Cathy

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:53 pm

Oh No! The shroud has been added to yet another website: http://www.bizarrebids.com/

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:36 pm

[quote="Darra"] ... OMGosh! Do you think it is a scam? :bs: Do you think he has figured out a way to mass produce them :eeeeek: or are we gonna have to bid there too!?

No, the other website is run by a guy who picks up on weird auctions and posts them for his readers. My concern is that the entire world may soon know about OUR shroud and evil doers will try to get it. :(

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:33 pm

OMG! That guy's website is monitored by all the news networks. If it's a slow news week, OUR relic could be plastered all over FOX NEWS for millions to see and bid on!

The Boo's Char
Juvie Pup

Postby The Boo's Char » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:14 am

OK that does it!! So who's going to get it?! Somebody needs to do this ASAP for all the FS in this world! I'm afraid that once the media gets their dirty hands on it, that will be a very, very bad thing, I hate to even think of the consequences. :bad-words: Quickly Hofs lets do something!! :multi:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:01 am

[quote="Darra"] ... I didn't notice when I went to look at it, does it not have a "Buy It Now" button?!

No :(

Are we going to start a NFSA museum? It would have to be a traveling one so it could go to all of the conferences :D

I was thinking that THE silent auction could be for posession for a year ... from National to National. Sort of like The Americas Cup trophy. :D
Of course, that means the winner will have to be bonded and insured. Proof of both would be a requirement for bidding.

Leah
Flying Furball

Postby Leah » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:48 am

Or we could allow ONLY those HOFs who've already successfully passed Laurie's and Leah's adoption requirements to bid in the silent auction....as long as their background/blood/urine tests have been kept current.

(That has to be the funniest thing EVER! Love it! I'll miss my shower this morning so I can go write a question to support our "cause" on eBay!)

Laurie
Flying Furball

Postby Laurie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:08 pm

It would have to be a traveling one so it could go to all of the conferences
No problem - there are already several items that travel from conference to conference... recently our scrapbooks! :D
Laurie
Mom to Orphaned Fliers Everywhere

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:28 pm

We heard from our e-Bay friend and he is pulling for us. He states, "There are many who would like to use this for their own evil agenda against humanity. I hope you pervail."

Here's my response:
Thank you. We are everywhere and will pervail. With our little furballs at our sides ... well, maybe in our shirts or on our shoulders... we are unstopable ;-)

Moca
Flying Furball

Postby Moca » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:48 pm

Joan wrote:I created an eBay account for us and placed a bid (I'll pay if we win). We can't let such a precious relic go to just anyone. :twisted:

Wonderful!!!!
You are right, such an item must be protected from falling into the wrong hands.
Protect wildlife,keep ye cat indoors.
www.abcbirds.org
:coffee: Moca

Joan
Site Admin

ALERT!

Postby Joan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:12 pm

ALERT !!!!

Message received for eBay seller:
"Oh No!!! it appears you've been out bid."

This can't be a good thing....

My reply:
Eeeee Gad ... see what happens when you leave the house for a second!
We will closely monitor this situation. I suspect a member of the Blue Bird Society ... they have been spreading ugly rumors for years that Flyers steal and eat BB eggs. They can be relentless!
Our East to West Coast members will monitor the auction and we will strike when appropriate. We're on top of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:52 pm

I was gonna bid -- if you see kayzsqrlz bid, fear not.... we are in the same cause.
kay

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:57 pm

what did ja put for a high bid, joan?

I think I put 5.99 and can get to it Sunday

lub ya

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:11 pm

[quote="Kay"]what did ja put for a high bid, joan?

I put the base bid

I think I put 5.99 and can get to it Sunday

Are you high bidder now?

Beverly
NFSA Member

Postby Beverly » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:15 am

:roll: Ye, gads. Are you all novices at the auction game?? Never, ever reveal to the seller that you're interested in their item!!! They can easily send a 'shrill' to bid up the item in question! Not that I'm suggesting the current holder of this priceless relic would do such a thing - but on the other hand, keep in mind that the seller is friendly enough with sinister underground individuals to have been playing poker with Boris and Natasha! What does that say about his character??? At any rate, I too noticed this relic reaching the open bidding world - and explored the other items in which 'kayzsqrl' had previously shown interest, wondering who the current top bidder, against our own "NFSA" bidder, was. Kay! I should of course have realised. It was my intention to snipe this relic - but now that I know the current top bidder, I'll hold back.

Joan, I'm SO disappointed :( that you didn't go after the Canada one cent sheet!!! I looked, but realised that I knew the bidder (although, at the time, I was not sure just who ...), so I let it go - and you didn't persue the item. Dang. I'd have paid you for just one of the sheet of 100 stamps!!! Bummer!!! I do have a sizable collection of stamps depicting squirrels (many flyers, but also some tree squirrels) from around the world. I've been meaning to get a large world map, and then displaying the stamps on such, for a wall hanging. If anyone notices another sheet of the Canada one cent stamps up for auction please let me know.

Or perhaps, :idea: do you thing Sabrina's Steve could still purchase a sheet or two of these stamps, for NFSA? I know I'd pay a buck for just one, so it might be a way to raise some extra money for the NFSA account ...
{D {D {D Lots of Acorns to you, from
Beverly and the Denizens of
The Den Drey at Phantom Farm
What the world needs now are MORE SQUIRRELS! Then there would not be so many NUTS running around loose!

Beverly
NFSA Member

Postby Beverly » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:50 pm

:D :D Yeah! I see Kayzsqrlz reclaimed the Shroud of Frostbite Falls on behalf of the faithful. Way to go, Kay! :twisted:
{D {D {D Lots of Acorns to you, from

Beverly and the Denizens of

The Den Drey at Phantom Farm

What the world needs now are MORE SQUIRRELS! Then there would not be so many NUTS running around loose!

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:49 pm

I have it here. It's a fairly big tea towel.

Should I send it you, Joan??
kay

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:53 pm

[quote="Kay"]I have it here. It's a fairly big tea towel.

Should I send it you, Joan??

No, you should frame it and save it for the 2006 National Conference in Texas. You are now the official NFSA Keeper of the Shroud. :twisted:

katiedid
NFSA Member

Postby katiedid » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:18 pm

Wow! I missed this post the first time around! ha ha ha
~Katie~
Kya :queen:, TC :smt050, Van :smt049 & Squirrelly :wings: ~ Southern Flyers
Aesop :jester:, Ambraesia, Pepper & Abby :smt057 ~ Sugar Gliders
In loving memory of my little King boy :king: and Sweet Valor

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:37 am

:? frame it????

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:33 am

[quote="Kay"] ... frame it????

Sure ... or some equally reverent preservation. :wink:

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:26 am

:twisted: Kay have you caught on that Joan can get any of us to do things????LOL :D I am just glad that some one in the NFSA has it. Keep good care of the treasure and bring it to Texas 2006. See you then.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

crystal3

Postby crystal3 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:52 pm

I dont recall seeing this post either! LOL ROFL! :rotflol:
Crystal

HOF of 2 angels
Petrie 11/05
Piper 01/05
:love9:

Return to “All the rest”