My poor lil Rascal

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
tosha_m_1981
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

My poor lil Rascal

Postby tosha_m_1981 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't know what is wrong with him, I am so upset right now I can hardly think......Rascal is my long haired dachshund and he hasn't been himself these past few days. He has just been laying around and tonight when I got home he had pooped in the house and it was mostly blood. My boyfriend is out of town and right now I have no money to take him to the vet. I am going to take him in the morning and see if they can help me, atleast let me make payments, I don't even know whats wrong with him....I feel like such a horrible pet owner right now, because I know that people think bad of people that don't take care of their pets right, But that isn't the case this time, it just so happened that he got sick on the wrong weekend.....My kids keep asking me whats wrong and I dont' know what to tell them....They know he is sick and keep telling me that they don't want him to die..... :( :smt089 they are breaking my heart.... :(
Tosha

Proudly owned by Libra(F) Taurus(M) Cosmo (M)
Mother to Rebecca and Tara
Jasmine the Cat and Miss Priss the dog In loving Memory of my lil Rascal (momma's baby boy)

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 pm

Sometimes bad things just happen.
Get a grip on yourself and start writing down what happened when so that when you get to the Vet you can let them know as much as possible. Also -- if this is a new place -- Age, shot records, last vet visit and why, and what kind of dog food you have been feeding him. Any chance that he ate one of the brands with Chinese ingredients that were poisoned?
Hugs and prayers.
Amanda and Linda

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:34 pm

If you have some Pepto Bismo at home, give him a teaspoon of that.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Aws, I hope he gets better, I remember reading here somewhere that when Naya's Pom got sick she fed her bacon grease for an upset stomach, don't know if that bit of info helped at all but you can try it. Or ask your vet about it later on.

Lots of hugs and prayers.
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

tosha_m_1981
Flying Furball

Postby tosha_m_1981 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:19 pm

I had to put my lil Rascal down this morning.....Its been a tough day, trying to explain to my lil girls that Rascal :angel2: has gone to heaven......I knew when I took him to the vet this morning that I wasn't going to be bringing him home and it was so heartbreaking. I have never had to do that and I hope that I never have to do it again..... :smt089
Tosha

Proudly owned by Libra(F) Taurus(M) Cosmo (M)

Mother to Rebecca and Tara

Jasmine the Cat and Miss Priss the dog In loving Memory of my lil Rascal (momma's baby boy)

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:12 am

I am so sorry you had to put Rascal to sleep. I know how much that hurts. Did the vet say what was wrong with him?

Mary

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:19 am

:( I am so sorry . IT is very hard to have to give up an animal that we love so much. Been there and still have each deep in my heart.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Guardian
Teen HOF

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:14 pm

I actually started crying when I read about Rascal. I feel so bad for you. My prayers are with you.
Rest in Peace Gypsy, I wish you were still with us.
Smudge, have fun in cat heaven.

HOF to: Hijack

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Oh, That's terrible! I send lots of hugs and prayers, I'm sure your kids will understand after all it's what's best for their little buddy.
Owned by

Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm sorry about Rascal, Tosha.
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:14 pm

so sorry to hear about your little Rascal, tosha. in time, your children will understand. my 3 year old was heartbroken when p.o. "went away" it was easiest for us to tell her that aunt dawn was taking care of him now. (aunt dawn passed away 2 weeks before p.o. and my mom explained that she went far away to live with jesus....i'm not a particularly religious person, but church and religion seem to interest my daughter, so it worked for explaining such a difficult situation.) the pain won't heal, but will ease with time. take care. sending love and hugs.
~Michele~

In Loving Memory of Mr. Pecan Oglethorpe (P.O.) and Molly MoMo. Momma will miss you, Babies.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:37 pm

I am so sorry about Rascal. It seems like having to put one down is one of the hardest facts in life, because it is a decision you have to make and not someone else. Hugs to you and your kids :(
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Return to “All the rest”