Laptop spills and pee stains...

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Helen
Teen HOF
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Laptop spills and pee stains...

Postby Helen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:17 am

http://lifehacker.com/software/laptop/v ... 246168.php

THi site teaches you how to fix your laptp when you spill things on it. I have tried it with an older 1999 laptop and it does work...
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:38 pm

I know nothing at all about laptops, but I have been known to take my keyboard into the shower and wash it! After letting it dry REALLY REALLY good, it worked just fine. My SIL told me about this trick, and since the keyboard was ruined the way it was, I figured I had nothing to lose.
Keyboard + pepsi and/or squirrel pee = BAD
Above keyboard + shower = GOOD

Judy

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 pm

Thanks, Helen. I'm going to try to pry my keys off tomorrow and clean the inside of mine out. Too many nuts inside of it :twisted:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Lora
NFSA Member

Laptop Spills & Pee Stains

Postby Lora » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:27 am

I've always cleaned mine by removing the keys. Takes forever, lol. In between I just turn it upside down & shake it good then vacuum it. I've heard compressed air in the can works good to blow stuff out too.

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:16 pm

btw, My daughter saved her cell phone after it fell from the edge of the tub into water :roll: I know, I know, but how do you supervise them when they are in the tub? Anyway, The phone was all screwed up, but she buried it in a plastic container of uncooked white rice. Took 2 or three days, and she may have changed out the rice, I don't know. She would often reach in and turn the phone and recover it with the rice. But it works fine now :cool:
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:40 pm

Deb wrote:btw, My daughter saved her cell phone after it fell from the edge of the tub into water :roll: I know, I know, but how do you supervise them when they are in the tub? Anyway, The phone was all screwed up, but she buried it in a plastic container of uncooked white rice. Took 2 or three days, and she may have changed out the rice, I don't know. She would often reach in and turn the phone and recover it with the rice. But it works fine now :cool:

LOL really? That's what I do to my Papaya to make it ripen quickly....and like a lot of other fruits...
Owned by

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:44 pm

No problem. I can admit that I'm a klutz and I know remedies for every klutzy thing that has happened to me. I used to spill milk in my laptop ALL the time.......
Owned by

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:09 pm

The first hour I owned my first computer, I spilled chocolate milk on the keyboard. ':multi:'
Turned it upside down in a flash and spent the rest of the evening going over it with q-tips. We cover our home keyboards with saran wrap.
Amanda and Linda

Guardian
Teen HOF

Postby Guardian » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:53 pm

<--- Bought a new keyboard last month due to brothers thinking it would be funny to put noodles in between the keys of the old one because I hate spagehetti.

<--- Took the spaghetti keyboard, ran around and bashed them both over the head with it. It did not take care of getting the spaghetti out, the sauce ruined the keyboard.

I love my brothers! :roll:
Rest in Peace Gypsy, I wish you were still with us.
Smudge, have fun in cat heaven.

HOF to: Hijack

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Guardian wrote:<--- Bought a new keyboard last month due to brothers thinking it would be funny to put noodles in between the keys of the old one because I hate spagehetti.

<--- Took the spaghetti keyboard, ran around and bashed them both over the head with it. It did not take care of getting the spaghetti out, the sauce ruined the keyboard.

I love my brothers! :roll:

Haha that's hilarious!
Owned by

Return to “All the rest”