Made In America

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
peep
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Made In America

Postby peep » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:41 pm

Not trying to be political or moralistic.. just an observation.

My family and I have made a pact for 2008.

It started during Christmas shopping; we challenged each other to find and buy products that were NOT made in China. It was interesting, to say the least! :roll:

I went a step further, and bought only products I cound find labled "Made in USA". There were some odd and interesting gifts exchanged this year, but it was really FUN!

We're taking it a step further, and intend to be even more supportive of US companies. After all, my father fought in WW2 to defeat communism, why make them wealthy and powerful by giving them our jobs and money??? Our sons and daughters are now fighting terrorism; why are we buying and consuming products that support those terrorists?

Our family will be tightening up, consuming less, and supporting more Americans in our future.
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Made In America

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 pm

peep wrote:... I went a step further, and bought only products I could find labled "Made in USA". There were some odd and interesting gifts exchanged this year, but it was really FUN!

Now that is really a challenge ... leaves out TVs, lots of major electronic equipment and I believe watches. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:21 pm

That had to be difficult to do. Think I will try your idea for birthdays that are coming up in my family.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Judy C.

Re: Made In America

Postby Judy C. » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:37 pm

peep wrote:It started during Christmas shopping; we challenged each other to find and buy products that were NOT made in China. It was interesting, to say the least! :roll:

I went a step further, and bought only products I cound find labled "Made in USA". There were some odd and interesting gifts exchanged this year, but it was really FUN!

peep

WOW, Peeps! No wonder you've been depressed!! :roll: It's a wonder you're not stark raving mad, locked in a padded room somewhere. That much shopping would drive anyone up a wall. I bought some things off eBay recently, from a seller in Japan. Would you believe that some of the things were marked "Made in China"? :? Everything else was written in Japanese, but Made in China was in English! While Lance was in the hospital, he noticed that his container of orange juice was "Made in China"! (I assume that just the container was 'Made in Japan', but who knows??)

Judy

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:43 pm

WOW, Peeps! No wonder you've been depressed!! It's a wonder you're not stark raving mad, locked in a padded room somewhere.
Judy

:twisted: I have a room reserved.

A lot of gifts were labeled "MADE IN MY KITCHEN", "MADE IN MY GARAGE" and one of them "MADE IN MY BACK YARD".

Cookie's was the best, but it was labeled, "MADE IN YOUR LIVING ROOM"!
peep
State and Federal permit holder

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Avoiding China is a good idea when possible to help put pressure on China to take a stand against the actions of the Sudanese government. In case anyone wasn't aware, China purchases, I believe, about 80% of Sudan's oil as well as other products. They have the influence to make the government change its ways and stop the genocide in Darfur.
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

Return to “All the rest”