Tropical Storm HANNA

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Tropical Storm HANNA

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Looks like Tropical Storm HANNA will be a hurricane by Friday and will hit land between Jacksonville and GA or S.C. Darn! :bad-words: Just got my yard cleaned up and have jigger (redbug) bites from head to toe. :(
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Re: Tropical Storm HANNA

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 am

hey joan
an old home remedy for this is to put a small amount of bleach in your bath water and make sure you get it on all those bites....it will sting a little especially if you have been scratching them but it has worked for me in the past. take care during this next storm and the ones behind that. [-o<
paula

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks Paula ... I'll try that. My neighbor just told me that dusting your clothes with sulfa before doing yard work also helps. I look like I have some kind of strange POX. :oops:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

gwsgrand
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby gwsgrand » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Joan hope all is going to be ok for all of you on the Eastern coast. Start getting prepaired now and maybe it will do like it did for us and go a different way. Thinking of all of you up and down the coast . Tom and I even had a plan for our flyers if it had hit us. LOL they would not have like it one bit but these little guys would have to share one cage and no telling where we would have been. Thank goodness they along with us have made it so far. Trying to get things ready for a fast get away is a job but it can and will be done if need be.
I thought that when you got older you were just down to two ? No not us we are up to 7 . LOL Don't seem to know what retirement is. LOL
wouldn't change it for the world.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Return to “All the rest”