Hurricane IKE

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Hurricane IKE

Postby Joan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Everyone, LOOK OUT!
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

gwsgrand
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Hurricane IKE

Postby gwsgrand » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:48 pm

:roll: Oh NO Here we go again. Guess I am ready "again" Weather channel seems to have it heading for La again. Any one who needs a safe place email me and I will try to help you out. You can bring animals. Just no snakes. LOL
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

We are in the strike zone as well, but further inland. We had a lot of people here that evacuated for Gustav. Here's hoping that Ike doesn't cause too much damage!

**ok, I lied! They moved the path further south. Anyone here in Southern Texas?

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:06 am

Well, now it is heading our way. They can't seem to make up their minds. :?

Oreos

Postby Oreos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Oh the glories of living in the Gulf-region. ::)

Our entire campus basically turns into a river when we get heavy rain. Its pretty awesome...not. :doubt:
Months of research + months of saving + months of preparation = hopefully a flyer of my own soon. :]

-Joe

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Stay safe Texans ... we're praying for you. Those on the coast ... get out of town!
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:54 pm

We're getting rain and wind, but nothing too bad. The worst is supposed to come from 3AM on thru tomorrow. We've had one electrical 'burp', but the lights came back on immediately. Here's hoping they stay on for the rest of the time! We're fine, squirrels are fine, dogs and assorted animals are fine, and little Peanut is holding her own. I'll keep in touch as long as we have power, and if we lose it, I'll be back on ASAP. Everyone stay safe, wherever you are.

Judy

C*ndy
Baby Flyer

Postby C*ndy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Worried about Judy! Talked to her last night but cannot get through today! That is why I came here to see if anyone has word on her! It does not look good in her area! She was not leaving for the storm!
If anyone hears something from her please post! I wish I knew I could get through I have several friends out that way I have not heard from yet!
WE got BAD weather/wind/tornados/flooding and I am about 2 hours east from her!!!!
Pray for all those in need! Texas has search and rescue teams out now..... sigh
C*ndy * "Squirrel Girl" * :)

DinNorman
NFSA Member

Postby DinNorman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Peep and Judy C. please let us know how you fared with Ike as soon as you can get internet. My brother in SW Louisiana has 11 feet of water under his house (on stilts); with his stuff scattered all over the place. I will head down there Tuesday to help him with the clean up, repair and salvage; they will have a lot of work to do.
David

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Has anyone been able to get through to Judy or our other Texas members by cell phone yet? I would be be very happy to do anything I could to help. I have a big rental house that will be empty util the 3rd of October, and can house refugees for a few weeks.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

C*ndy
Baby Flyer

Postby C*ndy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

JUDY IS OK!!!!!!! I just talked to her and she says "Peanut" is fine too!!!!
With the generator she says she will try to get online soon!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!!
C*ndy * "Squirrel Girl" * :)

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Good to know :D Thanks Cindy
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey, I'm reporting in. We've had our power out since Ike hit and just got it back on today. Here are a few pics from my area... the ones of the backyard are mine... The back lot (behind the chain link) is kept in a "natural" setting so I walked it to check for babies that were blown down but the branches and such that fell can stay down. The yard is going to take some work though.. :? The tree that is crushing the truck is my neighbor across the street. That tree fell into my drive. The kids had been out there a few minutes earlier.It could just as easily come through my living room or theirs! I am so thankful no one was hurt! The rest of the pics are from around town.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v371/immatater/ike/?albumview=slideshow

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:07 pm

I'm back! Got the phone back on late this afternoon, and just got electricity an hour or so ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO GLAD. I was not meant to live without electricity for more than an hour or two.

We are fine, animals all fine, house still standing, no major damage. Messed up one of my cages, but it was empty, thank goodness....I can always repair the cage. Lost a few trees and really large limbs - one just missed the porch. And it was 'kinda' wet - still is! But it's drying, slowly but surely. We've got a lot of leaves, twigs, etc to clean up - I'll get around to it eventually. Lance is out there everyday cleaning up - I just figure it'll still be there when I get around to it!

I was only hand feeding one baby - a little flyer pinky that I got a few days before the storm - only about a week old. I really didn't think she'd make it thru the storm - she was already pretty sick before the storm hit. But I had hand warmers, and I heated formula over a little scented oil burner that had a candle under it. Took a while to heat up, but it did the job until we got the generator hooked up. All the other rehabs were eating solids, with formula from a bowl, so that made it a lot easier.

Have any of the others been heard from? Hope everyone is OK. Hope Peep checks in soon, but she is probably without power, too, and likely to be that way for a while.

I'll talk to ya all later - after I do a million loads of laundry and dishes!!

Judy

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 am

So good to hear from some of you hurricane survivors =D> Judy, I know you are happy that your stay at "Camp Ike" is finally over. Don't you hate being at Mother Natures mercy in the summer heat, humidity, bugs and mud? It's the pits, with or without a generator :bad-words:
Ya'll just try to keep cool and hydrated while cleaning up. :cool:

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

WOW so glad to finally here from Judy and the others in Texas....our prayers were answered [-o< . you all take good care during the long hours of clean up!!
paula

Return to “All the rest”