Feedback on Chinchilla Nest Box

Lora
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Feedback on Chinchilla Nest Box

Postby Lora » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 am

I purchased a metal chinchilla nest box from Quality Cage for my hamster, Winnie. She pees in her nest boxes so unless water sealed wooden boxes were not practical. As predicted I don't see much of her now cause she is in love with her box and doesn't want to leave it much. It's powder coated so all I have to do is slide the door off, spray some vinnegar water in there & wipe out with a damp cloth. The vinnegar removes all the urine stains. I let it dry for a few mins so the vinnegar smell dissapates & we're good to go. It was pricey at just under $30 but it has proven to be money well spent. I want to get one for Bobo now. I think it will offer a cool alternative to the summer heat. I don't know about the rest of you down south but my AC can barely keep up with the high temps we're getting. The removable door is wooden with a 5" hole which can be positioned high or low. I think I'm going to ask them to do one for Bobo with just a 3" hole. You can view this box at qualitycage.com under chinchilla supplies. Their wooden shelves are great too & very reasonably priced.

Return to “Flyer Housing”