Princess Castle inside Cage

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Princess Castle inside Cage

Postby Airstreamlady » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I promised to send some pictures under this heading of their cage that Ted and I had modified from a huge bird cage. Here ya go. It wasn't hard to get the metal fabricator to do it. Of course, they just kept asking what kind of birds we were raising. I just laughed and told them very, very tiny finches.

In the past I've mentioned the little pajama pants that I tie up the leg and it makes for a great pouch. You will see them with pink hearts all over them. LOL I think they love it because I sometimes find one in one leg and one in the other. Either they get mad at each other or get too hot sleeping together sometimes. Too easy to just empty the legs out, untie them and throw them in the washer.

The little fold out castle is a kids toy I bought at the local Thrift Store for only $l.00. We didn't have a perch inside the cage and figured it would make a great one. Boy, did it ever. I hide their treats in it too. All we did was use two zip ties to secure it on the cage. If it gets dirty we can just cut it off, clean it and put it back up. The first time Sweet Pea got in it she refused to leave it. It was the funniest thing. I also have a pink "Barbie" roadster car that we are going to do the same thing with. You might get a picture of them cruising later on.

You will also see that one Stealth Wheel just wasn't enough. Thank you Anita. I had to buy four of 'em. Two for the cabin too.

Nah, I do not spoil my babies, I don't believe in it.

- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Oh Lord! Patti's gone over the edge ... a typical HOF. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Nope, I haven't just gone over the edge, I've been there.LOL

I guess I need to post under the "you know you are a true HOF when" you mount Pink Princess Castles for your girls to play in. I couldn't post it before because I knew nobody would believe me without the pictures. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey, that little castle fit the bill for a buck!!!!! Now, I just love it and am on the lookout for more. I wasn't going to admit it but I also picked up a yellow roofed red farm barn too. :oops: :oops: :oops:

My motto: "Whatever Works".....besides I didn't have to wait on Ted to make a ledge that didn't fit :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
- Patti -

The Official Poopologist

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Patti, that is the cutest thing ever! I think I'm getting inspired to redecorate Tom Tom's cage since we lost his roommate Tiny Tim. I removed the 2 big foam 'noodle' swim things that Timmy climbed on.
Maybe I can find a cute barn set and also a John Deer tractor. Or one of those big Noah's Arks would be a cute motif :D
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:31 pm

OMG, wouldn't the Noah's Ark be adorable. You are inspiring me now. Do yall have thrift stores near you to shop at? I would never pay the price of new toys like this. Yard sales are a great resource too. By the Way, the Pink Pantaloons Pouch was at a discount store for $2.00. I had to buy half dozen of them. :twisted:

Gosh Deb, who's incentivating who now? Love your Ideas too.

The limb I have in there is a Small Maple Tree. You can use one of those to hang things from if you are replacing the swimming noodles.
- Patti -

The Official Poopologist

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:57 pm

I replaced the noodles with a nice oak branch. I know Tom Tom probably appriciates having 'Big Boy' stuff back in his cage instead of the stuff that was in there to try to keep it as safe as possible for Timmy.
Have you seen those big Arks? They open up like your castle, with decks and stalls for the animals. It probably costs about $30 though. I can wait for something to turn up at Hudson's or Dirt Cheap :D
Patti, when the potted fruit trees for sale are blooming next spring, buy one for the girls. And get the camera ready :D
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Lora
NFSA Member

Postby Lora » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:21 pm

That is soooooooooooo cute! I can't wait to hit the thrift stores. My hamster Winnie would probably go nuts for a little castle like that too. I can't wait to move. I've already laid down the law that one of the bdms will be for Bobo Squirrel & Winnie. I have all kinds of decorating ideas whizzing thru my brain. Your cage is awesome Patti!

Return to “Flyer Housing”