just checking

Sandi
Juvie Pup
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

just checking

Postby Sandi » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Hello. I don't know if you remember me or not but I adopted Pork and Bean from Leah 3 years ago this October they are great and spoiled rotten. But I have a question about a new cage I am looking at a 5' corner parrot cage and I was wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with the bars being too far apart and them getting out or even stuck. I haven't bought it yet probably tomorrow but I am wondering if I should modify it so they can not get hurt. Please let me know if anyone has any information.
Thanks!!! :cool:

Tamis
Flying Furball

Postby Tamis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:10 pm

What is the bar spacing?? I just ordered a 5/8" bar spacing cage and it is here. He doesnt seem like he can get through anywhere. Just make sure you ask the seller if thee are any gaps bigger than that. Mine has a few 1" gaps (around food dishes and at bottom) that I am nervous about. I havent put him into the cage yet just kinda tested him on the bars. I need to send in one of the panel to be replaced due to shipping damage.
So just ask what the biggest gaps in cage will be. My current housing unit is too small but has 1/2" gaps that there is no way he can get through.
check out my post titled " i bought it" a few posts down that seller is great on ebay and has some nice cages. he is paying the return shipping for my panel i need to replace and was quick to respond.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:18 pm

"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Sandi
Juvie Pup
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Sandi » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 pm

I just bought it today and switched them all over and moved the other one outside so they now have 2. I checked the spacing and it is 5/8" I can barely put my index finger through the holes so I am going to watch them tonite and see how they do I did see the modified one and it looks good. So I wil see what happens.

Return to “Flyer Housing”