All set up...

Tamis
Flying Furball

All set up...

Postby Tamis » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Well I threw caution to the wind and set up Secrets new cage last night. I am still a little cautious of the 5/8" spacing but he didnt get out! I measured every other gap in the cage to ensure nothing bigger. Here is his old cage
it was 29 x21x18
Here is the new wonder cage!!
and his climbing rope..
and the super awesome grape vine perch Grandpa made for him
I also love the food dishes with the openable doors.. =) YAY ..
I know i need more goodies i have bought some braided shreddables to hang and I plan to get a hammock. I also am gonna try and make a shelf too. We will see how it works out!!
EDIT: OOH i also bought a stealth wheel i just need a tool to get the nut/bolt undone i have no wrenches.. lol that will be nice too!!
Last edited by Tamis on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:46 pm

Cool.
Suggestion: Stick in a branch or two that goes to the top. They don't have to be thick, just bendable enough to get inside and open up.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Deb » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:38 pm

Nice cage! I bet he will enjoy the bird play ground on top too.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:27 pm

It really looks great. Just wait till you get that stealth wheel in action.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Lora
NFSA Member

Postby Lora » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:45 am

You need a pouch & maybe a shelf up high in the cage. You're spacing looks fine but check the floor grate & make sure it's secure. Mine was not & Bobo could actually move it & just go out the bottom of the cage. I had to zip tie mine at all 4 corners.

Tamis
Flying Furball

Postby Tamis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I actually have 2 pouches in there they are just hard to see. There is a black skull and crossbones one hung in between the 2 food dishes and one to the right of the door made out of a pant leg. So far in the new cage he has only used his boxes. So far so good!! The grandparents and Family are planning to go up to the mountains for acorns and squirrel accessories soon. It will be fun for the kids too. I am excited.
Tamis :multi:

Return to “Flyer Housing”