Cage design?

USMom
Juvie Pup

Cage design?

Postby USMom » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 pm

What should a cage look like? Size, construction material, toys?

Anita Rae
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Anita Rae » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:12 pm

They don't mark so galvanized is OK. It won't cause UTI. The bigger the better. I try to keep my squirrel cages more natural than my glider cages. Remember that they are native so they can pretty much tell if a seed is good or not, or which branches are the best for chewing. Even the fleece stuff that I have for my flyers is kind of woodsey. If you think your glider is flexable in the wheel, OMGosh! just wait until you see a flyer in the wheel. Flyers are fast! But occasionally we come across a flyer that has no interest in wheels. They can litterally run circles around gliders. If you are serious about getting a flyer in the spring, you might want to pick up some acorns while they are avalable and freeze them. I use repatariums when I travel with them but I don't think it would hold up as a permanant cage.

USMom
Juvie Pup

Postby USMom » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Miss Nita! Yay! I'm so glad to see you. So, if you come in February, will you help me, too?
So, I can go hog wild in the cage with branches and stuff? I'll start saving acorns, thanks for the tip.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 am

This time of year is the best time to buy both Walnuts and Brazil nuts in the shell and freeze them. Also pecans are becoming available and can be froze in the shell.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

USMom
Juvie Pup

Postby USMom » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 am

How many nuts for one flyer? Please describe with words like gallon or quart size zippie bags (I'm not counting nuts, I don't care how cute they are). :laughing5:

Return to “Flyer Housing”