Powder again

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
hauk
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Powder again

Postby hauk » Fri May 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Last night I went to Nassau sound after dark, It is about 25 miles from my house so I took Powder with me for company, It was well after dark and Powder was being a big Pain, She was running around in my shirt and her little sharp claws were a bit uncomfortable, I was regretting not having a cage to put her in and I figured since it was dark she may give me a problem, I finally let her out of my shirt figuring I would corral her later, Well lo and behold she just wanted to sit on the dashboard and look out the window, I continued the trip and when I got back home she went back in my shirt. ( She is a lot smarter than I am). I hope she adjusts to Peep quickly and continues to be the sweetheart she is. Tom

Lora
NFSA Member

Powder Again

Postby Lora » Fri May 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Your exploits with that lil squirrel never cease to amaze me. I think eventually she'll be fine with Peep. I just hope YOU will be ok without her. :(

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Fri May 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Tom -- Don't you think you should keep Powder? ':multi:'
Amanda and Linda

hauk
NFSA Member

Postby hauk » Fri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Linda I am very comfortable with Peep having Powder, It is getting to be the time of the year when I will have every flyer in Jacksonville that has been hurt, usually there are a lot of babies that require a lot of care and also a lot of adults that are on deaths doorstep from one injury or the other, Powder was one of those rescues that required a lot of attention, She has been rehabilitated and I know that peep will see to it that she has a wonderful life. Tom

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Fri May 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Aws hse rally is a sweetheart... :D
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Lora
NFSA Member

Powder Again

Postby Lora » Fri May 25, 2007 7:08 pm

Alright Tom, we get it. We'll quit giving ya a hard time. Powder takes alot of time & energy I'm sure. You're gonna need all you can get to do what you do best which is care for injured squirrels. You sure don't need any furry back seat drivers, lol. I'm sure our Powder will have Peep broke in within a few days and will live out her days as the spoiled, pampered princess she was meant to be.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 pm

I know when Peep actually picks Powder up fom Tom, it will be just as hard on him as it will be on Powder. I am so sorry it has come time for him to do this but I know he is doing what he thinks is best for Powder and the ones he will be getting this summer.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Guardian
Teen HOF

Postby Guardian » Sat May 26, 2007 12:02 am

Someone needs to make a slideshow of Powder and post the link on the boards so the people who wander in with no idea who Powder is ("Hey Guardian, are they talking about snow?") can follow the whole storyline. It'd be cute. "Powder's Adventures." Or something.

There sure is a heck of alot of stories and pictures of her. *Nudges Tom, Joan, Peep* :o
Rest in Peace Gypsy, I wish you were still with us.
Smudge, have fun in cat heaven.

HOF to: Hijack

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sat May 26, 2007 10:14 pm

I know when Peep actually picks Powder up fom Tom, it will be just as hard on him as it will be on Powder. I am so sorry it has come time for him to do this but I know he is doing what he thinks is best for Powder and the ones he will be getting this summer.

I agree. Tom is making a huge sacrifice, and I'm really sensitive about that issue. It will be just as hard for me to take Powder from her beloved Tom.

If you have a last minute change of heart, Tom... I will completely understand, and love you as always! It will not be a wasted trip, because I'm also coming to check on my sister, and give the younger sister a short break with her care. It will be a long time before I can travel again, and I need to do what I can now.

I'll do everything in my power to give Powder the same level of love, care and adventures that Tom gives her.
peep
State and Federal permit holder

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Peep, I am so glad you are the one who has to face going through this and that you understand what Tom will be going through.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.

hauk
NFSA Member

Postby hauk » Sat May 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Peep: I will not change my mind, I am very happy that you are going to take Powder, I have more than I can do to take care of the new guys and gals and don't forget my two pets (Hou and Halle). Tom

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Guardian wrote:Someone needs to make a slideshow of Powder and post the link on the boards so the people who wander in with no idea who Powder is ("Hey Guardian, are they talking about snow?") can follow the whole storyline. It'd be cute. "Powder's Adventures." Or something.

There sure is a heck of alot of stories and pictures of her. *Nudges Tom, Joan, Peep* :o

If anyone wants to take this on, Tom has all the original photos. Neither he nor I are that computer sophisticated.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:01 am

Joan, you know how to email the photos don't you? If you will email them to me, I will see if I can put together a slide show and see if it will post to the board or either set up a web page for everyone to be able to see. I have plenty of time to work on it, so its up to ya'll.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:04 am

Glorya, Tom has all the photos; so I'll ask him to e-mail them. You can edit them as needed, include/exclude which ones you want.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:06 am

No problem. That wil work fine. I'll do the slideshow in a way that everyone can see them without having any special programs on their computer to view.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:08 am

We can have suggestions for titles submitted. :D

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:10 am

That sounds like a great idea...That way everyone has a part in it. If any one else has photos they would like to see about a slideshow of theirs, I'll do it. All I have is time and Martie will be glad to sit on the keyboard and help. :roll:

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:01 am

I am loving this idea!

We can have suggestions for titles submitted.

Keep "The Powder Chronicles" it's a wonderful title!

There will be plenty of pics of her trip to her new home, and her progress in getting US acclimated to her being in charge!

Gloria, you're awsome to volunteer... I'll be glad to help!

I may not make it to the conference this year, but I guarantee that Miss Powder will be there in a video tape. :D
peep
State and Federal permit holder

hauk
NFSA Member

Original Powder pictures

Postby hauk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:35 am

I have all of the original pics of Powder that I can email to Glorya, (There are many) I can include the captions that Joan added and I don't think they could be improved upon but you members can decide that, A contest to caption the pics that you want would be fun, I would love to have something like that available to every one, I had suggested something like a Powder calender to Joan a while back, I do not have the talent to do it myself, Some of the dates on the pics are wrong because when I changed the camera batteries I was too dumb to change the camera date. Tom

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:25 am

LOL I agree, we hould keep the powder chronicles...
Owned by

Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Return to “General”