Temperature regulation

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Temperature regulation

Postby Nativeprincess » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Ive noticed that Rogue is very sensitive to temperature.
In the cld part of winter (remeber, Im in CA..its not *that* cold)
Rogue will sleep in my shirt under 3 blankets during the wee hrs of the morning.
as it warms up by mabey a few degrees she will sistematicaly move to the out side of my shirt...to the 2nd layer of blankets...to the 1st and then back to her nest pouch.
as it seriously warms up shes makes a nest in the hammock and then in her cube w/ 4 windows.
Is this normal? I mean in the wild, it gets pretty darn cold in the winter and bloody hot in the sumer in the south...or so I hear ^_^.

If shes on me and my body temp rises she quickly moves to a place w/ more air to cool down.

Is she just horribly spoiled or is this normal?

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:43 pm

Just remember, even though it is cold in the south, flyers sleep in packs inside their nest so they stay warm.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:58 pm

Amanda just got back into air conditioning after a week in daytime temps of mid 80’s without a fan and her attitude change is amazing. She went from “do I know you, leave me alone” to “Mommy please, please play with me” in about an hour.
In case you think this was a case of child abuse, she got the cooler sleeping room and was put in basements during the day. I was painting the roof and had to stop at 9:30 one day when the brush stuck to the surface.
Amanda and Linda

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Isobella used to stay in my shirt a lot during the winter and early spring. Now that it's warmed up she's become more independent. I think that the cold kept her clsoe to me to stay warm. She used to stick her head out to 'sniff' the air and go back into my shirt in disgust when it was colder.
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Return to “General”