contest proposal

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

contest proposal

Postby Deb » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:32 am

I got home about 8:pm after being away since Wednesday. I also had a chance while away to buy some very nice waxworms for my little m'Deah who has 2 new pups. She hasn't come to the hole in her nest box to even say "hi" or to take a treat from my hand, but since dark, I have been putting a small dish with 4 waxworms and 4 pinenuts on it right in front of her box. Every time I open the cage and look in the little bowl, everything is gone. I replace the bowl with 4 worms and 4 pinenuts, 5 times now!! It's only been 5 minutes since the last time I refilled, but I'm sure I'll be up all night checking that bowl. She has also drank all of her yogurt, so she has more of that too. She has not touched the green tomato or snap beans yet.
So Joan, how many waxworms a night can Mishi eat?
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Judy C.

Re: contest proposal

Postby Judy C. » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:13 pm

You had better hope that she IS eating them, and not just stashing them away somewhere! :evilbat:

Judy

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:12 pm

:puppydogeyes: eeeeeeeewww! Thanks for that image Judy :roll:
I have a strict "NO PETS" rule for my pets. :twisted:
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Deb wrote: ... So Joan, how many waxworms a night can Mishi eat?

Gosh, I don't know Deb. She gets them when pregnant and nursing and I'd just dump the container in the worm holder and she'd free range.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 pm

I LOVE feeding her! She eats everything :D Each night I make 2 identical plates of food. One for m'Deah and the other for the 3 chuckleheads in the other cage. And every day m'Deah's plate is much cleaner than the other's plate :roll: She is doing a better job of eating for the 3 in her cage than Tom Tom, Buzz, and Lily do in their cage :twisted:
Tonight each cage got a fresh boiled cockatiel egg, roses, red cabbage, green tomato, figs, and waxworms. I love feeding squirrels :D

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 am

yea deb i love feeding rocky......there is not to much he won't eat...does not like blackberries or blueberries but, he does love brocolli, cauliflower, sweet sugar snap peas, loves sweet potato, vanilla and strawberry yogurt, lettuce, reg. snap peas oh and he absolutely loves crape myrtle branches and blooms...gave him some of that last night and as usual he attacked it right away...the only thing is i think i need an extra refrigerator for just his stuff...mine is over flowing with rocky food :silly: oh and let's don't forget nuts...he loves them all!! he does not like mealworms, at least the dry ones anyway....i'm funny about worms!!! don't think i could handle a live one even though he probably could ha ha.. i catch him moths at night when our deck light is on....he grabs them away from me like it was ice cream!!! :icecream:
paula

Tamis
Flying Furball

Postby Tamis » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Where in the world does one get "cockateil eggs"? I am sure Secret would like to try that.. I dont know if i can get over the thought that those might have been cockatiels.. pretty happy cockatiels..

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 pm

No potiential "pretty, happy baby cockatiels from these eggs :cool: Oz is a single gal, my son's bird. She is with us since Gabe moved to D.C. this past spring. He will eventually come get her when his fiance moves up there, and they rent a truck for their combined households. He flies down about every 6 weeks to visit a few days and gets over here to see us and Oz for a few minutes. She usually responds by getting all broody when he leaves her again and lays a couple of eggs :roll: If the fur balls find them before I do, they break them and eat them raw. Her cage is a big ol' ornate antique iron thing and the flyers slip in and out of the curly decor with ease to raid her food bowls and eggs on the bottom of the cage :twisted: But if I find the eggs during ther day I put them in the fridge to keep and then boil them for the flyers. They are real cute :wink: When they are cooked, the whites are not white, they turn kinda clear. The flyers like them though.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:25 pm

I used to hard boil button quail eggs for Chuck & Mishi when I raised them.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Speaking of a refrigerator, I did break down and use a dorm-sized refrigerator in our flyer room. It saves trips to the kitchen, and is very convenient! I cut up the veggies and put the plastic bags in the fridge along with a container of yogurt and the waxworm cup. An added benefit - my family doesn't have to share their foodspace with the worms . . . not that I mind, but . . . :dontknow:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Return to “General”