shylo may now free roam at night

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

shylo may now free roam at night

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:36 am

i trust her enough now, and so i entirely squirrel proofed my room. she is so happy free roaming while i sleep, and fortunately, she doesn't attack me in my sleep! now i just need to find what she is destroying in the closet. :twisted:
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

spectatoboy

Re: shylo may now free roam at night

Postby spectatoboy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:05 am

hi, i don't actually own a flyer or glider, yet, but i was wondering if you could answer some questions for me. i would love to get to the level where i could trust my pet to freely roam around at night, but i was wondering a few things. mainly, how do i pet-proof my room enough to not worry at all about it? i have a decent amount of electronic equipment (computer, tv, speakers, lamps, etc) and i hear that flyers and gliders like to chew. how do i properly pet-proof all my plugs and cords to keep the pet from hurting itself? also, would it be a good idea to cover stuff like my computer with a towel or something at night to protect it from scampering and peeing? which brings me to the other main factor, with the pet out and about all night, does it pee all over the place? do u have to clean up a bunch of crap all over the place? lastly, are they very destructive when left out for long periods of time? should i keep value things out of reach, or is that not really a factor? thanks!

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: shylo may now free roam at night

Postby voguemamselle619 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm

hide everything valuable in a drawer or something... they will probably destroy it. cover all books, computers, etc. if you have a lot of electronics in your room, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ever let your flyer free roam. they do chew wires. there are wire protectors you can buy i believe, but if there are lots of wires, it just sounds dangerous to me. they don't go to the bathroom a ton, but you would have to clean up after them. you have to make sure there is NO escape route from the room. don't leave out any glasses of water, etc, they could get knocked over and make a mess. you can't leave any food out either or they might eat it. i don't have anything out on shelves, and i put everything in containers when she is out. i just don't want her wrecking anything valuable. good luck!
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Return to “General”