Question(s) on mating season

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Peep1994
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Question(s) on mating season

Postby Peep1994 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Hey everyone! So peep is my roughly 2 year old flyer rescue that I’ve had from the age of only a few weeks. So my question is, once they begin there mating season and begin to get a little moody and hump everything. From that point til the end of that behavior is about how long? So it is April 29th currently and he started his mating behavior around the beginning to middle of March. I guess I’m just wondering on average how long they keep this up. He’s always been the sweetest little baby who was always so trusting and comfortable with me that I had never had him get upset or show any aggression like scratching or biting until he started his mating season. He was such a sweetie throughout his first season last year tho! Lol I know it’s just him aging, mating season, and a little hormonal temper tantrums. So yea, just how long do the mating periods typically last?! Thank you for your time! Hope everyone and their babies are holding up through the pandemic

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Question(s) on mating season

Postby Joan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:49 am

Peep1994 wrote:... So yea, just how long do the mating periods typically last?! Thank you for your time! Hope everyone and their babies are holding up through the pandemic

Well, my Mishi had four litters one year; so I guess Chuck was always willing. :twisted: The thing is to stop the bitting or anything that hurts you. Chuck had one bad hormonal time and that was when he got put in timeout in a tiny cage. I didn't mind him humping my wrist, but the biting hurt. I got Mishi to stop the wrist humping. Some will hump little stuffed animals. Get him a toy. :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”