Peanut's Progress

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Judy C.

Peanut's Progress

Postby Judy C. » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 am

As you have guessed, since I moved this to Non-Emergency, Peanut is doing a little better. The bloat is completely gone. we still have some diarrhea problems that we are working on, but she's now eating fairly well. I am alternating pedialyte and formula for her feedings. She will probably be able to go to full strength formula today. She's pretty active, and already has that typical flyer stubborn streak! She also has discovered her voice, and doesn't hesitate to use it when I do something that displeases her!

She really is a tiny thing - only 5 grams. She's getting that '5 o'clock shadow' look, but still is mostly pink. It is scary to feed anything this small! I have not tried fostering her yet - I want to get her healthy enough that the momma doesn't just push her out.

I'll keep you updated here.

Judy

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Peanut's Progress

Postby Joan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Great report Judy! :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:15 am

hey judy,
could you please give us an update on peanut??
paula

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:14 pm

I am sorry to say that Peanut didn't make it. Her condition varied from hour to hour. She never gained any more weight, and did not increase in size. She ate well, and peed and pooped well, but never thrived. I lost her once and brought her back with mouth to mouth resuscitation. She lived another day, but the next time it happened I wasn't able to do anything for her. It was a very heartbreaking loss. Some creatures touch your heart while they are here, and others touch it forever, no matter how short their stay. Peanut was one of the latter.

Judy C.

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:38 pm

i'm so sorry to hear that judy!!! you did the best you could and i'm sure peanut was grateful to have you!!!
paula

Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Deb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:07 am

Poor peanut. I'm sorry Judy. I know how much time and worry you had invested in her. She would have lived for you if she could have, 'cause I'm sure she must have loved you for the tender care you gave her.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Mary
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Mary » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:10 am

Judy, I am so sorry to hear that Peanut was not strong enough to make it. Bless you for giving your very best. It is amazing how they steal our hearts. Peanut knew how much you loved her.

Mary

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 am

So sorry Judy. That's the down side of rehabbing. :(
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”