Rambo First Blood

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Rambo First Blood

Postby flyer_1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Well like the head line reads first blood was drawn yesterday when I took Taz (male) out. It was like any other time I took him out and he was climbing on me like normal, just being adorable, and then I reached back for him and he bit me hard and than a little later when banaza's on me I have the bite marks to prove it :twisted: Anyway this is his first hormone season and I'm not sure how long this will go on and how I should go about this.

I heard that people have gotten there's a stuffed animal for the humping because he's doing that now too, I want to take him out and comfort him but I would do it without my kevlar vest and chaindmale glove's :D. Someone tell me what you have done for this and how long must I keep my bear buddy under lock and key.

Travis
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

pnerissa
NFSA Member

Re: Rambo First Blood

Postby pnerissa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:50 am

It's posts like this that make me glad I didn't buy a little boy. :rofl:

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 am

my rocky is a male and he is 2 but, i have never experienced any hormone changes in him....he's only bitten maybe 3 times.....when he chirps at us that is our warning to stop whatever it is that we are doing LOL!!! good luck and hopefully he will calm down soon...oh don't u have a female somewhere close by him?? maybe that's it.

gwsgrand
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby gwsgrand » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 am

With having flyers for over 8 or so years I can tell you little girls can be just as bad if not worse as the boys. We had a large size stuffed dog that our late Mr Whiskers loved to hump . He only liked one leg and never would use any other one. None of the rest of ours have ever used a stuffed animal. We do have one little girl who is 6 years old that for some reason LOVES to NIP me every time she gets on me. The sweet little Llinus thank goodness has never nipped or drawn blood from either one of us. He is a great big lover and I guess having 3 girls that he is in charge of keeps him to busy to think about nipping us. LOL He even has been very nice and sweet to our baby Daphne who is about 2 1/2 months old now. She loves getting out on the porch with the "Big Girls and Boy" They seem to know that she is younger and not to pick on her. Tom leaves her out with them for about 2 hrs and she has a lot of fun exploring all the branches and different beds the others have made. But when she is ready to go in she is ready for a good meal and a LONG nap. As for your problem I would suggest that you take one day at a time and believe it or not some even learn what (NO BITE) means when you tell them. GOOD Luck .
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks everyone. This is very out of context of him because he's always so nice to everyone it's a very new thing but I will take him out and see if it's better. He's humping so I know it's hormones do you think a stuffed animal would help?

R.I.P Taz

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 am

a stuffed animal works....rocky has a stuffed flamingo that he humps on and carries it all over his cage...you never know where you might find it....i was looking for it the other night and found it behind his nest house along with a stash of nuts LOL.

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks I will get him one. It's allot better now he is not biting me any more but I think I will humor him and get him the toy anyway lol.

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”