Tiny Tim

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Tiny Tim

Postby Deb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 am

My tiny boy is gone. He died about 1:am on Saturday night from accidently being crushed. I have had such a hard time behaving myself and not crying, because it was a young visiting relative who accidently caused his death, and I didn't want to make it any harder for the child.
They left today, and I have been doing nothing but crying.

For those who may not know him, he was one of Tom Hauks rescue babies, and was parapelegic. He was very tiny but his front legs, shoulders, chest, and upper back were heavily muscled from travling around with his front feet. He looked just like Mighty Mouse. Tom trusted me with this little one, and I feel like I let them both down.

Please give your babies a kiss from me today. They are precious.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

wildstar1522
NFSA Member

Postby wildstar1522 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:43 am

OH MY! I am so sorry to hear about Tiny Tim! :(

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 am

Oh Deb,

I'm so sorry! I know he was so special and thoroughly loved by you. As hard as we try, we can't always ensure their safety and security.

Take comfort in knowing that over the Rainbow Bridge, Tiny Tim is being welcomed and enjoying new companions of our beloved flyers that have gone before him.

Warm and loving hugs to you. You made his life very special.
Love,
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:16 am

Deb, I'm so sorry. Tiny had the best life possible with you and a much longer one then he was assigned.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Yolanda
NFSA Member

Postby Yolanda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 pm

I am so sorry. Let yourself grieve and mourn this very special little one!
Yolanda

owned by Lukas and his children: Hickory, Queen Nefertiti, Yuki, Buttercup, Lily, and Jib; RIP George (mate of Lucas and mother of his children)
Cinderella the rabbit
Jasper, Sibbie, Echo, Simon, Sphinx, Cotton, and Indigo (cats)

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Deb I'm so sorry for your lost. I know how much you loved him and cared for him. I still rememebr some of the stories that you told of him. I'm sorry and you should be able to cry all you want, it makes it hurt less.
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:49 pm

I'm so sorry, Deb. He was a sweet boy, and I loved reading about him. Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort.
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

hauk
NFSA Member

Tiny Tim

Postby hauk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Deb, I was very sorry to read about Tiny Tim, Please do not beat yourself up about the accident, As hard as we try to keep them safe they always can find a way to put themselves in harms way, When Hoppy (I still think of him as Hoppy) came to me he did not have much of a chance, I was happy that he went to you and I still feel that without you he would not have the wonderful life that you provided for him, I know how badly you feel but it was an accident and you should not blame your self, You and a couple of our other members are the only ones that I would let one of the special babies go to, Keep loving your babies and I hope when the time comes for me to place another special baby that you will be ready. Tom

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Oh my gosh Deb I'm so sorry for your loss! He had a great life with you and you prolonged his happiness for however long it lasted since his rescue. Don't beat yourself over it, Tiny wouldnt want to see you sad right?

S. K. Dixon
Juvie Pup

Postby S. K. Dixon » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Oh, Deb, your pain is shared by many of us and I shall pray that you will soon be able to be at peace. Do not beat yourself up (spoken to you by the Queen of Beat--Up); use those emotions instead to tell your baby how special he was to you, how empty one little corner of your heart will always be, and how grateful you are for his sweet, short passage with you. He will hear you, Deb. Hugs...............
Sara Katherine Dixon
and the
Zoo at 1522
"Hope is the thing with feathers" (or fur)
"that perches in your soul." Emily Dickinson

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:02 pm

OMG I share your pain. I'm so sorry for your loss. Similar situation happened to me with a bird and it is just devistating. I've read alot of stores about him and I know he was a very special little guy. He was lucky to have had you to love him.

May I ask how the child/family are doing? It can be bad on them too.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

majcourt
NFSA Member

Postby majcourt » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm

i am so sorry about tiny tim- accidents do happen, they have certainly happened to my flyers, and i know how you feel- you gave him more of a chance than nature did- and i know he had a great life with you-

I am really sorry-

courtney

Linda
Flying Furball

Postby Linda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Forgive yourself and remember you gave him a great home.
Remember the good times.
Amanda and Linda

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Deb- so sorry to hear about T.T. thse things will happen. even with the most careful of hofs. some things are just beyond our control. take the time you need to heal, and be comforted in knowing you gave him a wonderful life that im sure he is very thankful for.

im sure p.o. will be there to welcome him as he crosses the rainbow bridge. (he always loved meeting new friends)

we will all be with them again someday...my what a day that will be!

take care deb . hugs and prayers from molly and me.
~Michele~

In Loving Memory of Mr. Pecan Oglethorpe (P.O.) and Molly MoMo. Momma will miss you, Babies.

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:18 pm

Awwww, Deb, I am so sorry. He was so special to you and to all of us. And I can only imagine how horrible it was on you not to be able to mourn him like you wanted and needed to. It's good that you can finally cry, and please know that yours aren't the only tears being shed for him. He will always own a piece of your heart. Please try to think of him now - whole, and gliding and scampering with all the other flyers that have gone before him. Even the Angels must stand in awe of the beauty and gracefulness of them.

Love Ya,

Judy

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:09 am

Thank you everyone for helping me start to remember his gift to me. He never asked for anything, was never moody or mad. And he had as much fun as any non-handicapped flyer I've ever seen. I always thought he would have made a great therapy animal to take to rehab hospitals.

Thanks again everyone, it means a lot to have people who know how I feel.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

libby
Baby Flyer

Postby libby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:43 am

Deb,
I am so sorry to read about Tiny Tim. I remember reading your stories about him and it was clear you were so proud of him and cared very much for him. He was lucky to have the time with you that he had. Sadly, accidents do happen, no matter how careful we try to be. My thoughts are with you during this very sad time.
Diane

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:00 am

Deb,

I am so deeply sorry. I too remember the stories on Tiny Tim. You have given a very special baby a home and love that he would never have found in the wild.

Special hugs and comfort in your loss.

Mary

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:04 am

Deb I am so sorry to hear about Tiny Tim. Your in our prayers and as others have said please start thinking of the good times you had with him and he will always make his squammy smile when no one else knows what your smiling about. I know he must be happy being able to use all 4 feet now and being as happy as he can be. He sure wouldn't want you to be sad . All of our late little flyers are all there greeting Tiny Tim and I can just hear them chattering away. It sure is OK to cry for I still cry at times for missing Mr. Whiskers. But he wouldn't like for me to I know for he sent me a little girl to take care of so squammy would have other things on her mind. Hugs and prayers go out to you .
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Lora
NFSA Member

Tiny Tim

Postby Lora » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:07 am

Deb, I'm so sorry. I know you're just heartbroken over the loss of this little guy. He was given a reprieve & allowed to have a good life with you even if it was a short one. It was his time to go and he was called home. They need little furbutts in heaven too ya know. No matter what he knew he was loved & you are both better for the experience.

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 am

Deb, I am so sorry to hear about Tiny Tim. Sending hugs.
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

TalaWolf
Juvie Pup

Postby TalaWolf » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Deb, I am so sorry to hear about Tiny Tim. He was such a special little guy and you gave him a great life. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now.
Christina

*~HOF to my precious Mica~*
Mom to my Australian Kelpie dog, Juno

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. My granddaughters are visiting now and let a crippled gray squirrel get out the door. We found her safe in the garage, but it opened so many door of worry. We are also rehabbing other species babies and although the experience is great, it is also full of questions.
hugs,
Kay

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:55 pm

Deb, I am so sorry to hear about Tiny Tim, but I know you gave him a great life and a lot of love. I didn't realize that was what you were talking about when I called and I am so sorry.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Pam
NFSA Member

Postby Pam » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Deb I am so sorry, the pain we feel is such an ache that is strong. We love these babies with all of our being. they know it and feel it too. God Bless you amd you are in my thoughts....Pam
Pam, Abbey and Binky ..PeeWee..4 very happy souls

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Ya'll are all so sweet. Thanks to every one of you. I have been very busy all week and away from home most of it. I'm sorry to say I have not been strong enough to deal with putting my Tiny Boy safely to rest in the spot I picked for him beside a foutain in my tropical garden. He has been in the freezer all week :freezing: My kids are now threating to give him a Viking burial on our pond. :sailing:
But after talking to Darra, who was properly appauled at the Viking burial idea, Ivy and I took my Tiny one and I pulled up a brick from my garden floor and made his little grave there. He is among all my ferns and flowers with two Foo dogs looking over him. I lit a candle out there and am going back out to sit by the fountain and read tonight.

sarah110781
Juvie Pup

Postby sarah110781 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:40 pm

It is always hard to experience the loss of a loved one. I have not personally experienced a flyer loss...but quite some time ago...years...I was not a very reponsible pet owner and I did not spay my two dogs..a little rescue terrier named Snickers, and a little chihuahua "dumped" in a dumpster and left for dead, who I named Oreo...both of whom became huge, intergral parts of my life...they were spoiled, pampered, slept in my bed, rode with us everywhere, the whole nine yards. One time, they went to heat...I lost Oreo from a mating from a huge dog...through the fence...they got stuck together and she died in surgery from shock to repair her insides...and Snickers to an infection in her uterus after delivery. Both, very close together, were gone. I'll never forget crying my eyes out as Oreo went into surgery and telling her, " Mama loves you, I'll see you later..." and I never did. It still breaks my heart. However, I had to accept that though I could have spayed them, as you could have left Tiny Tim in a cage, that we always try to do the right thing...and sometimes it just doesn't work out. We do the best we can. We love them while they're here and do everything we can for them...but it just can't always be right. It doesn't make it your fault...just makes it the way things were supposed to be. Part of a plan. Maybe our babies weren't supposed to make it...mine were left for dead...yours never would have lived...maybe we were just supposed to show them that life was good...and we did.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:31 am

Aws that's so sad. The lantern festival is coming up you can light a lantern for him if you want, I'll remember to tell you when it is. I will too since my family is celebrating it this year.
Owned by

Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks Sarah and Helen. I've always thought the Lantern festival was a beautiful ceremony. I think my family would enjoy having one. I can make lanterns for all our loved ones, include family, freinds, and pets. Please post the date, Helen. An evening sitting out by the pond watching the lanterns sounds lovely. Bet it will make my Mom cry :wink:

Debra
NFSA Member

Postby Debra » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 am

i know this is late but i am sorry to hear about tiny tim. deb you gave him a wonderful home.
Owned by Dinky the flying furball!!

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”