no, please no

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

no, please no

Postby Nativeprincess » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't understand. I don't want it to be true.
I went away for the weekend. Left Rogue with tons of nuts, fruit and veggies, and a bunch of water. I do this all the time and shes always there waiting for me when I get back.
So I came home today and I was just feeling really anxious, 1st thing I did was grab her cage and check evrything. There was water in her bowl and unopened nuts at the bottom of her cage.
I grab her pouch to wake her up.....and it wasn't as warm as it normaly is.....and when I reached in....she was cold. Curled up just like she was sleeping but she wouldn't move.
I don't understand. I did something wrong. My biggest fear as we approached the 1 yr mark was to wake up one morning and find her like this. I had read the stories of all the unexsplained deaths around the 1 yr mark and I was so careful to make sure she was eating the right foods and wasn't over weight and was getting exersize.....I failed.
I was debating taking her with me but I was going to the snow and i was afraid of her being too cold or too stressed with the tons of loud people in the cabin.
I shouldn't have gone. or I should have brought her with me. Something! I should have done something diffrent.
I dont wanna let her go, I want to bring her back. Why cant I do something to fix this?

WantsAFlyer
Flying Furball

Postby WantsAFlyer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Oh Nativeprincess I am so sorry. It's not your fault. She had food, water, everything she needed. Something happened that was out of your control.
Poor Rogue. :( I wish we really could bring them back.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: no, please no

Postby Joan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Nativeprincess wrote: ... I don't understand. I did something wrong.

I'm so sorry. :(
You didn't do anything wrong. I leave mine all the time. It's just hard to know what happens sometimes. If you want a necropsy done, let me know.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 pm

i'm so sorry. you didn't do anything wrong. sometimes these things just happen, and i don't think anything different could have been done. it would be a good idea to get a necropsy done to figure out what happened.
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Joan wrote:If you want a necropsy done, let me know.

Yeah, I'd like to get one done. How do I go about it? what do I do with her? who do I send money to, etc?
I don't know what I did, and its possible It was out of my control, but either way I need to learn from possible mistakes if Im ever to allow my self another one in the future

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:19 pm

I'll send all the info to you.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I am so sorry to hear such sad news. I know your heart is breaking, and that nothing anyone says will convince you that it was not your fault. But it truly wasn't. There was NOTHING you could have done to change things. She obviously died quietly, in her sleep - if you had been there, it still would have happened the same way. Sometime it is just their time to go home. I have been through this, like many, many others here on the board, so know that you are not alone in your sorrow - we all feel it with you.

I truly believe a necropsy will help you. I know it did when I lost Muffin. It puts some closure to it when you have some idea of why it happened. And you have the comfort of knowing that all the information will be entered into the data base and possibly help save another flyer some day.

Judy

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:39 pm

NativePrincess,
PLEASE don't beat yourself up!! There was nothing you could have done. You made sure she was taken well care of. It is so sad but these things happen. I know that don't help but DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF!!
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Oh Hon, I'm so sorry! You did nothing wrong. Most of us are very comfortable with leaving our flyers well provided for, safe in their cage for a day or two. We will all feel a little better with a necropsy report. Any information we learn from it can help us all in our efforts to make our babies lives healthier, safer and more comfortable. Thank you for deciding the necropsy is important.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 pm

You did the right thing leaving her where she was in her own environment. You knew her cage was safe for her. It's nothing you did. You did the right thing for her protection. I'm sooooo sorry for your loss. Something was out of your control and you had no way of knowing.
If it could help other little ones I'd have the test done too.

Actually, it would have been more unsafe for her if you took her with you to a strange place with strange people. YOU DID DO THE RIGHT THING.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:31 am

NativePrincess, I am so very sorry for your loss, there are no words that can make it better.

It was not your fault. I worry everytime I leave mine, whether in the cage or out that something will happen. As much as we try, things do happen. We just learn and try to do better when given a second chance.

My prayers are with you.......
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:56 am

I am so sorry. She was safe in her cage. You did the right thing by not taking her with you.

My heart and prayers goes out to you.

Mary

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 pm

thank you all for your support.
I still feel horrible, but well, I guess thats just not gonna change. She was my best friend.
When I moved away from everyone I knew, and I had no friends, and was 6 hr min away from anything even remotely familiar.....well, it was all ok cuz I had Rogue. It didn't matter if my days were horrible, or if I didn't do so well on an exam, because when I got home, Rogue was there and she was happy to see me, or shed be curled up in my shirt during the day and all it took was a glance to turn my day around.
Heck, she even helped me make the friends I have now, she always was more outgoing than I ever was and you'd be surprised at how interested people are in the strange girl with the flying squirrel ^_^
I had friends that truly didn't believe animals had emotions, but some how couldn't deny that Rogue loved me and preferred me to anyone else.
She wasn't like most other squirrels. she was calmer and more content with just sitting on my lap and recieveing cuddles. Squirrels are not often thought of as the cuddely type, there usualy so ADD and active. But Rogue was, I mean she was active to, but man did she want her cuddles.
I miss her so much. I didn't know it was possible to miss a tiny creature so much.
I'm beating my self up a little less. I mean theres always the "what if game" but I recognize that w/o a necropsy I don't have any data and there by am just running circles around my self.
But thank you all. i didn't think it would, but it has actualy helped a lot. No one here understands, but its nice to know someone, somewhere does.

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Nativeprincess, I'm so very sorry. All the little furbabies seem like extended family. Rogue will be missed. Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort in your loss.
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

Lora
NFSA Member

Postby Lora » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm just so sad for you right now. Leaving her at home was absolutely the best thing you could have done. This way at least she passed quietly in the comfort of her own bed. I would much rather have it happen this way instead of out of town in a strange place. My Bobo is just over a year old & this is my biggest fear. Hopefully the necropsy will give us all some answers. RIP little Rogue.

Babysmama
Juvie Pup

Postby Babysmama » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:39 am

Native Princess, I know you are hurting beyond any words right now that will console you. Just know that we all share those same feelings with you. Even though your little one was with you everyday a part of her was shared with your extended family and we are here for you. No matter how long we have them the bond is immediate and I just want you to know it is not your fault and definitely a necropsy will help.
Kathy, Baby, Chipper, Major Tom. Rocky and always in my heart Precious and Buddy.

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:19 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Rogue! It is heartbreaking when these things happen. I really hope that the necropsy will help explain what happened. Please, don't be hard on yourself, though! You did your best and you were a good HOF to her! Whatever happened, it is not your fault!
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am

My Heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry. Everyone has put into words the way I feel too.

Mary

aMartyrsHeart
NFSA Member

Postby aMartyrsHeart » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:16 am

I am so so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way <3<3
Arien G.
HOF to Pikachu
--------------
Wifey to: Derek - married 8 years
Mommy to: Nevaeh (Human girl) - 4 years old
:animaldog: P-Nut and :animaldog: Casey (ChiWeenies)
--------------
R.I.P. Snap (Southern Flying Squirrel)

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I join the others in expressing my sorrow for you. I know you feel like you should have done something differently, but some things are just not in our control. I hate that, and yet it is some comfort knowing there is Someone Else in charge. I'm so glad you had Rogue to get you through some of the tough times, and make you stronger for it. :smt049
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

guliarcks

Postby guliarcks » Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Did you get the necropsy done? The exact same thing just happened to Mimi... I'm just a teenager and I feel so lost and confused. She was 9 months old and she passed away in her Crown Royal bag. It sounds like the same thing that happened to your baby. If you did get the necropsy done, can you please share your results? It would give me a peace of mind. Thank you. :(

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”