The edventues of Kobie

Place to share all our warm and fuzzy stories.
flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

The edventues of Kobie

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Last night she made me her honorary tree lol,I guess there was nothing better around, she sleeps all day but once I get her up she does alright.
Anyhow just wanted to share, she's getting to like the bonding pouch.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Mary
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: The edventues of Kobie

Postby Mary » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 am

flyer_1 wrote:Last night she made me her honorary tree lol,I guess there was nothing better around, she sleeps all day but once I get her up she does alright.
Anyhow just wanted to share, she's getting to like the bonding pouch.

Just my opinion but I want to feel that sweet buddle next to my skin in my shirt then using a bonding pouch. Or have him lay on my arm or in my hand while I pet him. Peanut eats up all that lovin.

Mary

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:29 am

I do that to but I don't know how to get her to hang on to me when I'm just carrying her around.

R.I.P Taz

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 pm

They hang on naturally ... remember they are born in tree tops; so they better learn to hang on. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks she knows how to hang on to my cloths I meant skin.

R.I.P Taz

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 pm

flyer_1 wrote:Thanks she knows how to hang on to my cloths I meant skin.

They learn how to hang on to that too! Cali will run with her back against my skin and cling to my shirt that way. But, most of the time it's just skin. You get used to it. It took me a while of wearing long sleeved shirts, etc. But, it doesn't bother me anymore.
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:34 pm

So did you let your baby's sleep on you all day ? or at least when you where home,did you bring yours to work I couldn't make myself do that.

R.I.P Taz

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:14 pm

She took her first few glides last night, I'm so proud of her she's a natural. She just loves gliding when I build her big cage I'm sure she'll be launching herself off of that.

R.I.P Taz

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Yea! Isn't it cute the way they bob their heads up and down before they take off? Chipper doesn't do it as much any more. He makes his mark with absolute accuracy now. I love to watch his tail move back and forth making adjustments on the huge jumps. :flyer:
Martie.....

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:38 pm

How far do you have Chippy jumping.

R.I.P Taz

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:22 pm

flyer_1 wrote:How far do you have Chippy jumping.

It all depends from where he decides he wants to jump from. He's in our master bedroom and the cage is hung from the cathedral ceiling...I would say at the top of the cage sits 9-10 feet up and he can easily clear 3/4 of the length of the room. He can jump from the lower opening of the cage straight to my pillow (with my head on it). He thinks it's cool to land right in front of Mommy's face while she is sleeping too. Hence, every once in a while I do get the rude awakening of a complete splat in my face. I'm sure he does it on purpose so I'll get up and play with him. :roll:
Martie.....

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Ha that's a long way, so you just keep the cage door open at night huh? I heard they get one yard for every one foot of elevation so if they had a tree one hundred feet tall they could glide one hundred yards.
You should post chippy on youtube and make a how to video for flyer care, I know I want to. You know like the expert village video for suger gliders. :D

Oh by the way when their young do they come to an age where they start exploring other people and becoming more independent.

R.I.P Taz

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:03 pm

I am no expert. I've tried to catch him in flight with the camera. He is so fast. One of these days I will. I have some neat shots of Chip in his Stealth. Yes, both of my babies love to explore. I can't leave anything out without them getting into it. Chip likes to take of with pens and emory boards. I used to use a baby tooth brush to brush his coat (fat chance of that now). When he was a little thing he would run off with the tooth brush. I have actual pictures of that. If I read in bed and I'm not giving him attention, the book gets his personal autograph. They basically own the room. I have hung door hooks on all the closet and bedroom doors. There I have placed old clothes that we don't use any more; in layers for them to play hide -n- seek in and to hide nuts. I have to keep containers with screw tops for their treats and nuts and such because they will find a way in. I had a bag of corn cob bedding that I had for them and Cali loves to chew holes in it and run in and out all night long hiding nuts. I think their favorite place is to hang out under all our pillows and bounce on top of our heads. My hubby's bald so Chip thinks it makes a great trampolin :multi:
Martie.....

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I need to make some sort of a jungle gym in my room for her. AH you don't need to be an expert for what I'm talking about, just introduce your self, your flyers go through the equipment cage ect,you know give pro's and cons it would be great for anyone contemplating becoming a first time HOF, I know before I got Kobie I looked for an in depth look at becoming a HOF you know what it was like, maybe I'll make one lol :idea:

I am going to be adding on to my flyer family this fall,what do you do to keep them from bonding to each other. :lover:

R.I.P Taz

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 am

From what I understand you keep them in seperate cages. Cali came to me when she was already 3 years old. Her first HOF had to move and was heartbroken that she couldn't take her with her. Chipper wasn't but 5mths old at the time. I kept them seperated. Cali decided I was her HOF and didn't want to share with Chip and poor Chip just wanted his Squammy and wanted to be best friends with Cali. She can't stand it when he is on me. Although they have come to an understanding that She has me when I'm in the half of the room where her cage is and he has me when I'm on his half. They sort of drew an imaginary line across the room. I get in trouble because the bathroom door just happens to be right smack dab in the middle of the line and they both jump on me and then it's a circus with the little buggers trying to chase each other off of me. It's really bad for me when I'm in a hurry... if you know what I mean.

I am sure others on the board could give some insight also. Especially those who have large families than I.

I think it would be a great idea for you to work on a first time HOF project. You could video journal you experience with Kobie.
Martie.....

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:02 am

Thanks I think I will need to think about my accomidations for another flyer if need be. That's such a crazy thing that they both fight over you,it's hard enough as it is for me to leave kobie, but it must be even harder for you leaving them both.

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Squirrel Tales”